Make art for user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Astoria
Inactive Developer

Re: Zero's art

Post by Astoria »

That top guy looks like a complete badass. Quality work once again.
Formerly known as the creator of Era of Chaos and maintainer of The Aragwaithi and the Era of Myths.
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

Flameslash wrote:I honestly can't picture that poor elf on the right being able to move with all that armour, and it'd a bit hard to work out what all the parts are meant to be one that scale.
It seems to me that the elf is just in a large, green, fur coat some cloth or leather armor with some bits of metal plate and a cape that is total not a coat... While not exactly practical, it would be much easier to walk around in that than in full plate armor like the swordsman or royal guard... or for that matter the giant metal thing right above it :P

And awesome sprites Zero!
Creator of Ageless Era
Check out Frogatto & Friends, it's made by the same people who created The Battle for Wesnoth!
ChaosRider

Post by ChaosRider »

There is no portrait for skeletal drake, you could allways try do one for it, but in size 500x500 :P.

Also Royal Warrior dont have portrait (should be something similar to Iron Mauler but you know should looks more expensive than iron mauler plate mail, cause in this unit description Royal Warriors are mostly Princes.

Walking Corpse and Soulless also dont have portraits :P.
Creator of WOTG (+2880 units), MWC (+615 units), SurvivorsArea, RandomColosseum, RC WOTG, RC MWC, ColosseumRandomClonesBattle, BetweenDarknessAndLight, StealingWeapons, MoreUnitsForms, MoreDamageTypes, CanBeOnlyOne, ColosseumOneWinner, BonusSpam, CriticalStrike - available at 1.12 Wesnoth server.
Flameslash

Post by Flameslash »

Isn't there a full list of missing portraits in the Art Dev section?
ChaosRider

Post by ChaosRider »

I see you rock in creating units images, what do you think about creating some images for next lvls of drakes (highest forms) from default wesnoth era (ofcourse without drake inferno which got already one, armageddon drake :] - everyone else who is reading this and is good in creating units images also could try, there is many images for next lvls of units of other default wesnoth factions, time for something from drakes faction :] (ofcourse if you got some time :P)).
Creator of WOTG (+2880 units), MWC (+615 units), SurvivorsArea, RandomColosseum, RC WOTG, RC MWC, ColosseumRandomClonesBattle, BetweenDarknessAndLight, StealingWeapons, MoreUnitsForms, MoreDamageTypes, CanBeOnlyOne, ColosseumOneWinner, BonusSpam, CriticalStrike - available at 1.12 Wesnoth server.
Zerovirus
Art Contributor

Post by Zerovirus »

Trying my hand at some more painting/portrait-like stuff.
Attachments
jade_armor.png
Astoria
Inactive Developer

Post by Astoria »

I'm not a fan of the face, but the bow looks awesome as hell!
Formerly known as the creator of Era of Chaos and maintainer of The Aragwaithi and the Era of Myths.
PsychoticKittens

Post by PsychoticKittens »

Them hips don't lie.
Creator of: Mercenaries Era; Modern Combat
Future Projects: Faunima: Land of Monsters
Temporarily Dropped Projects: Zombie Horde
Zerovirus
Art Contributor

Re: Zero Changed The Thread's Title Because Zigg Told Him To

Post by Zerovirus »

Zerovirus wrote:
Spoiler:
Working on composition and finalizing blocks- trying to emulate a dark night, but I'm wondering if maybe I should lighten up the palette a bit. Any critiques would be nice. I'm thinking about putting a bit of the milky-way in the background or something like that.
Remember this thing? Here's more of it!

Zerovirus
Art Contributor

Post by Zerovirus »

A one-off automaton upgrade line for you guys, based on the aesthetics of Blarumyrran's clockwork dragon.
Amorphous

Post by Amorphous »

Wow, those are really nice. Love how well the gears and other mechanical bits mesh with the larger plates.

Tiny nitpick about the furthest down unit: It's a bit hard to perceive the depth of the arm on our left because the leg guard right next to it is the same brightness. That, or I'm just reading it wrong.
vultraz
Developer

Post by vultraz »

WTH is with the top middle unit...it looks like he has a giant mouth on his stomach... :shock:
Creator of Shadows of Deception (for 1.12) and co-creator of the Era of Chaos (for 1.12/1.13).
SurvivalXtreme rocks!!!
What happens when you get scared half to death...twice?
Zerovirus
Art Contributor

Post by Zerovirus »

That is a spine made out of gears. That particular anatomical feature is shared by all of the Lv2 and above units in that line.
Andrettin

Post by Andrettin »

Zerovirus wrote:Image

A one-off automaton upgrade line for you guys, based on the aesthetics of Blarumyrran's clockwork dragon.
Quite interesting. What are you intending to use them for?
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

Andrettin wrote:
Zerovirus wrote:Image

Quite interesting. What are you intending to use them for?
He has plans for them to be part of an era.
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time