Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Zerovirus
Art Contributor

Re: Zero's Distinct Lack of Art Posts Until Now... Remedied

Post by Zerovirus »

Are you saying that I forgot something?

That's quite likely. I haven't touched pixels in a while. Or do you mean the Prismpunk logo? If it's that, well, the logo really isn't polished enough to post imo. There's a bunch of things wrong with it, subtle AA stuff.
wesfreak

Post by wesfreak »

I'm hoping that you forgot something that I could use for one of the eras that i'm working on.
StDrake

Post by StDrake »

A lot of people could say the same *wink wink*
Like cats? I've made a whole faction of them to kick ass with!
Don't like cats? I've made a whole faction of them to kick their asses! So everyone's happy :)
Felinian faction is part of the Beyond Southern Hells era
kitties need sprites! art topic here
Zerovirus
Art Contributor

Post by Zerovirus »

Okay, so these aren't quite Wesnoth style. I think they're close enough though that anyone who wants them can easily use them. The base isn't mine but I did a heck of a lot of modifications to it so I'm going to try not to be ashamed or anything here.

The brown guy is actually like half a year old, so ignore him he's just there because actually I don't know why. Bluh.
Attachments
OWAW armors.PNG
OWAW armors.PNG (10.8 KiB) Viewed 5465 times
StDrake

Post by StDrake »

nice to see you drawing again zero :)
That somehow made me remember you lava dragon. Would you be interested in trying to make different elemental dragons (we..fire not that needed really)? Trying to make this unusual dragon-leader based faction but could only find good enough sprites for a fire and young fire dragon, rest are recolours and some blurring to show wind xD
Like cats? I've made a whole faction of them to kick ass with!
Don't like cats? I've made a whole faction of them to kick their asses! So everyone's happy :)
Felinian faction is part of the Beyond Southern Hells era
kitties need sprites! art topic here
Frogger5

Post by Frogger5 »

I like them, I reckon you should make more of them! :D
My spritework can be seen here.

Want to play Roll 2 Dodge, or even start your own game?http://rolltododge.freeforums.org/index.php We need you!
Zerovirus
Art Contributor

Post by Zerovirus »

Espreon has requested that I update the baseframes of the skeletal riders from Liberty. Naturally, the first thing I do is crib off of Sleepwalker's awesome designs. (His stuff is still better than mine despite how hard I tried >.>) I stole most of my pallete from him, as well as his epic skeletal horse- if you have issues with my usage of them, Sleepwalker, I have an alternate version without your skelehorse.

I'm particularly proud of the way I shaded the round shield's cracks, among other things.
Attachments
skelly_horse.PNG
skelly_horse.PNG (12.38 KiB) Viewed 5251 times
Reepurr

Post by Reepurr »

Oh my. Zero's frankensteining?!
I personally feel you should make a new skelehorse, Zero, possibly a new rider, for the simple reason that the New Horseman you're comparing it with is noticeably larger than the New Rider.
"What do you mean, "a dwarvish dragonguard with marksman is overpowered"?"

Story of a Drake Outcast | The Nonsense Era
Played HttT-Underground Channels? Thought it was rubbish? Help us develop it here!
Zerovirus
Art Contributor

Post by Zerovirus »

>.>

I'm not sure if I'm skilled enough to make a new horse. Sleepwalker's horse is really really good. Also, sleepwalker's horse perfectly fits under the updated mainline horse's frame, so I probably won't make it bigger even if I try my own version.

Here's a pair of pokeymans. Scolipede would make an awesome mount for a wesnoth unit :P
Attachments
Scolipede.PNG
Scolipede.PNG (3.09 KiB) Viewed 5171 times
articuno.PNG
articuno.PNG (3.41 KiB) Viewed 5171 times
Moribund

Post by Moribund »

Awesome! I sooo want an undead Cavalryman to use with my Undead, haha.

My only problem with it is the torso seems kind of long. Sleepwalker gets away with it since the hood makes the head appear like it's just set more forward but yours kinda feels like he's bending over a lot. Not really noticeably unless you compare it to the Loyalist Cavalryman, though.
Zerovirus
Art Contributor

Post by Zerovirus »

It's a small edit-tutorial I made for shading. Maybe it'll be useful to people, I dunno. There's a bunch more stuff upcoming but I'm too lazy to post all of them now.
Sleepwalker
Art Contributor

Post by Sleepwalker »

Making it available for others to use was pretty much the reason I posted the horse by itself in the first place. So yeah, your welcome. A thing about the shield; At first sight I thought that his greaves was part of the shield. I think darkening them a bit (not the foot protecting part) might fix it. And yeah, cracks looking good :). I agree with Moribund that the torso is a tad long. Otherwise it's cool. :D

You should be aware that I intend to keep working on my cavalry sometime in the future though.
Sometimes we must be hurt in order to grow, fail in order to know, lose in order to gain, and sometimes we must have to be broken so we can be whole again...
- Nercy Masayon
Zerovirus
Art Contributor

Post by Zerovirus »

Man I haven't done pixelart in the ol' Wesnoth Style in a while. Here's a generic princess character for any UMCs in need of a generic princess character.
Attachments
princess.PNG
princess.PNG (3.35 KiB) Viewed 4807 times
Scaeb

Post by Scaeb »

Sleepwalker wrote:Making it available for others to use was pretty much the reason I posted the horse by itself in the first place.
Sleepwalker, I've scanned several of your posts, but I could only find the new horseman in whole. Where did you post your bare horse? (I'm planning an UMC rider character, and I'd rather use the new horses, which are a real improvement!)
Zerovirus
Art Contributor

Post by Zerovirus »

Iiiiiit's right there. The first post in this thread: http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=31277

Also hey a baseframe I did for Espreon: Image