Make art for user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Zerovirus
Art Contributor

Re: Steelhive Graphics- I ar tird of robotz so I maek rndom stuf

Post by Zerovirus »

It's a possibility, though I might have to name them something other than "Lizardmen" to be somewhat original. Or Totems. I was considering making a Totem faction.

Oh bugger. Now you've activated my Imagination Hyperdrive Engine. Be prepared for monstrosities later.
wesfreak

Post by wesfreak »

If you have around a billion different faction ideas (i know i do) then why don't you just make a faction that was created by an incredibly insane hermit who animated all his ideas and made them fight for him? With a totem here, a lizardman there and a wose transport somewhere else?

The only flaw i can see with your warrior is how the pink part of the blade doesn't quite match the metal part. i know it's supposed to be like that but it's just a little too far off in my opinion. also, his right foot (on our left) makes him look like he's standing in a weird position, with his toes facing outwards.

And then there's the shadow: this one doesn't matter so much, but i just thought i'd point it out: wesnoth shadows are 50% opacity (i think) and yours aren't. His shadow could stand to be little longer too.
melinath

Post by melinath »

60%.
Zerovirus
Art Contributor

Re: Zero's art. Steelhive on hold now.

Post by Zerovirus »

It is a shark. Not my best work, I know. Just wanted to try out something new. IMO it kinda worked, kinda didn't.
Attachments
It ar shrk.
It ar shrk.
WIP shark.PNG (1.18 KiB) Viewed 3527 times
Zerovirus
Art Contributor

Post by Zerovirus »

Okay yeah. That shark was sucky. Oh well. I also made another lizard dude. Maybe I'll switch his burning sword/metal stick thingy for a normal burning stick and call it a Lv2.
Attachments
Lizardman.PNG
Lizardman.PNG (6.34 KiB) Viewed 3501 times
wesfreak

Post by wesfreak »

the only thing wrong with the shark is the tail fin, IMO. oh, i think it needs a mouth too.

for the knife and knife on fire lizardmen the arm holding the weapon is a bit indistinct, and the position of it seems to be kind of weird. try putting it in the same position as the lvl 1.

i suggest giving one of the lvl 2 options (or maybe a lvl1) a spear. the knife without fire lizardman seems as if he could be holding one without much of a position change.also, these guys don't look advanced enough to be able to make or even use a sword. i suggest you stick with clubs, torches and spears/pointy sticks.

also: i have a few art ideas if you ever run out.
darcsabre

Post by darcsabre »

Zerovirus wrote:Okay yeah. That shark was sucky. Oh well. I also made another lizard dude. Maybe I'll switch his burning sword/metal stick thingy for a normal burning stick and call it a Lv2.
Yes! I love this. You could use a shaman or something. And maybe a netter->javelin thrower->firespitter for ranged options.
StDrake

Post by StDrake »

I'd rather get pointing at the right leg (left from the lizzies point of view) than the arm, there's a little thing that makes it look like the leg was straight but with some weird lump instead of 3-part animalistic like on lev 1 and 3
hmm did you make the flame yourself? if so maybe you could try making some burning rats? the attempt currently availible on the workshop is..overflamey
Like cats? I've made a whole faction of them to kick ass with!
Don't like cats? I've made a whole faction of them to kick their asses! So everyone's happy :)
Felinian faction is part of the Beyond Southern Hells era
kitties need sprites! art topic here
Zerovirus
Art Contributor

Post by Zerovirus »

Who wants a golden spaceship? For free! (looks at the Thunderstone thread)
Attachments
This could go in Thunderstone. Or any other number of Scifi UMC factions, really.
This could go in Thunderstone. Or any other number of Scifi UMC factions, really.
Corsair.PNG (2.01 KiB) Viewed 3351 times
Zerovirus
Art Contributor

Post by Zerovirus »

What, nobody wants golden stuff?

Well here's more stuff. Have fun with a shiny new Dwarven Music Golem.

It has a Trombone-Clarinet-flute gun arm that shoots waves of dazzlingly awesome music, and its control board is the keyboard of an organ. Oh, and its legs are violin things attached to microphones (for teh Karaoke).

:P
Attachments
I don't know what I was thinking when I came up with this idea. Too much Tap Tap Revenge I guess.
I don't know what I was thinking when I came up with this idea. Too much Tap Tap Revenge I guess.
Music Golem.PNG (3.33 KiB) Viewed 3268 times
wesfreak

Post by wesfreak »

wow. my music teacher would ride this to school if it ever came out on the market.

it looks like a dwarvish meca to me, if you de-musicafy it. also, gold is an impracticle metal for any kind of spaceship or weapon or anything, because it's too darn soft and expensive. i suppose white gold would work though, but it still seems like a waste of money when you could use steel or whatever.
firefox

Post by firefox »

this looks so cool! :shock:
you could create the "era of stuff" with this ideas.

this could be the "music golem" from the "music dwarves" faction. :mrgreen:
may the source be with you
=(^.^)= nyan~
CheeseLord

Post by CheeseLord »

Awesome stuff!! I've soooooo gotta save that :)
Lord of Cheese.....especially Parmesan!!!
None shall stand against the Dwarfs in their homeland

Top 3 quotes by a developer:

1. Locked
2. Do it yourself
3. "No"
Zerovirus
Art Contributor

Post by Zerovirus »

wesfreak wrote:wow. my music teacher would ride this to school if it ever came out on the market.

it looks like a dwarvish meca to me, if you de-musicafy it. also, gold is an impracticle metal for any kind of spaceship or weapon or anything, because it's too darn soft and expensive. i suppose white gold would work though, but it still seems like a waste of money when you could use steel or whatever.
First, gold looks cool. Second, how does the idea of a robot warmech that uses music as a weapon make any more sense than a gold-plated mecha?
Neoskel
Art Contributor

Post by Neoskel »

Zerovirus wrote:
wesfreak wrote:wow. my music teacher would ride this to school if it ever came out on the market.

First, gold looks cool. Second, how does the idea of a robot warmech that uses music as a weapon make any more sense than a gold-plated mecha?
And thirdly, gold isn't the only metal that can be that color. Especially when it comes to sci-fi stuff.