Make art for user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
doofus-01
Art Director

Re: Outsider Art for Bad Moon Rising

Post by doofus-01 »

A couple mechanical units. I plan to make them "true ranged" in that they can attack further out than neighbor hex. I know that's been done before, but if anyone who has actually played those maps/scenarios/add-ons knows of one that would be a good example, that would be very helpful. I think I could get the animations easily enough, but how to get it recognized by the AI, or at least available to a human player without a right-click menu is beyond me. Thanks.
Attachments
gunship-missile.png
gunship-missile.png (2.09 KiB) Viewed 10501 times
gunship-gun.png
gunship-gun.png (3.03 KiB) Viewed 10501 times
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

This thread isn't dead yet, though it's getting there.

This is a bit goofy, I know no-one could hold a giant wrench like this. It's for one of the newer units in Archaic Era, and maybe not the most important one, but I needed something for campaign Trinity.
Attachments
blue-machinist.png
blue-machinist.png (131.09 KiB) Viewed 10410 times
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

WIP portrait for the Khthon Orthrus. The profile head doesn't look convincingly attached to me, I think the ... gorget (?) may be the problem.
Attachments
orthrus.png
orthrus.png (140.45 KiB) Viewed 10324 times
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

I updated the shading on the Ukian Dog (old file = http://forum.wesnoth.org/download/file.php?id=50272 It is a general sort of unit type, maybe it is useful for someone else.
dog.png
dog.png (183.67 KiB) Viewed 10232 times
I've also started on a khthon
Attachments
khalkotaurus.jpg
khalkotaurus.jpg (82.32 KiB) Viewed 10232 times
Tom_Of_Wesnoth

Post by Tom_Of_Wesnoth »

The new dog portrait looks a lot better. I love to play your addon, but the dog is my favourite unit to use, so I'm glad it's getting a better portrait.

The Khthon doesn't look very vicious, and I think it's because of the teeth. Making them a bit more like fangs would help make it look more dangerous.
If presented with the opportunity, I would take great pleasure in becoming a world ruler.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

I'd prefer to keep the teeth as plant-chompers. Hopefully the flat/cartoon shading was a big part of the lack of dangerous-ness.
Attachments
khalkotaurus.png
khalkotaurus.png (276.31 KiB) Viewed 10153 times
Tom_Of_Wesnoth

Post by Tom_Of_Wesnoth »

That's great! I really like the glowing eyes and the tail, but the hooves look like they could use some improvement.
If presented with the opportunity, I would take great pleasure in becoming a world ruler.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

I've got a couple portraits for Northern Orcs. For what it's worth, I envision the orcs as mostly cavemen, with some gorilla but not much, they are not the vile things of Tolkien etc. The descriptions and depictions of them in mainline is Elf and Weldyn propaganda and lies, as far as Bad Moon Rising and Trinity add-ons are concerned.
Attachments
wanderer.png
wanderer.png (177.22 KiB) Viewed 9652 times
knave1.png
knave1.png (181.11 KiB) Viewed 9652 times
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Started another of the Northern Orcs. His right hand is a little screwed up, perspective can be difficult.
Attachments
Raider.jpg
Raider.jpg (54.42 KiB) Viewed 9324 times
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

To close out some earlier flats, unless anyone has something to say.
Attachments
raider.png
raider.png (268.14 KiB) Viewed 9255 times
courrier.png
courrier.png (141.16 KiB) Viewed 9255 times
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

I realized the Phantom Faction only had one portrait from 5 years ago, not counting the mummy which is almost as old. Now they have a second.
Attachments
tomb-guardian.png
tomb-guardian.png (114.79 KiB) Viewed 9162 times
Elvish_King

Post by Elvish_King »

I like the design and the overall looking of the tomb guardian but his left arm with the light in his hand looks somehow unnatural for me.

Great job for the northern orcs!
Visit my threads:
Era:Era of more units
Artwork:Art
ChaosRider

Post by ChaosRider »

Im waiting for blue dragon portrait (this one which in your addons is in chains, I dared to change it and make it without chains and that darkness between his legs, you can find it in WOTG. I thought it's a good image for next form of blue beast - you could use this changed image here too in archaic era) and this zombie dragon portrait (as one of high lvl forms of souless zombie, because why next form of souless must be humanoid, why it can't be a dragon made of dead bodies).
Creator of WOTG (+2880 units), MWC (+615 units), SurvivorsArea, RandomColosseum, RC WOTG, RC MWC, ColosseumRandomClonesBattle, BetweenDarknessAndLight, StealingWeapons, MoreUnitsForms, MoreDamageTypes, CanBeOnlyOne, ColosseumOneWinner, BonusSpam, CriticalStrike - available at 1.12 Wesnoth server.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Elvish_King wrote:I like the design and the overall looking of the tomb guardian but his left arm with the light in his hand looks somehow unnatural for me.

Great job for the northern orcs!
Thanks. It's possible the arm is off, I didn't have a reference, but it looks OK to me for now.
ChaosRider wrote:Im waiting for blue dragon portrait (this one which in your addons is in chains, I dared to change it and make it without chains and that darkness between his legs, you can find it in WOTG. I thought it's a good image for next form of blue beast - you could use this changed image here too in archaic era) and this zombie dragon portrait (as one of high lvl forms of souless zombie, because why next form of souless must be humanoid, why it can't be a dragon made of dead bodies).
Not sure what you mean. Maybe you forgot to link some images?
ChaosRider

Post by ChaosRider »

doofus-01 wrote:
ChaosRider wrote:Im waiting for blue dragon portrait (this one which in your addons is in chains, I dared to change it and make it without chains and that darkness between his legs, you can find it in WOTG. I thought it's a good image for next form of blue beast - you could use this changed image here too in archaic era) and this zombie dragon portrait (as one of high lvl forms of souless zombie, because why next form of souless must be humanoid, why it can't be a dragon made of dead bodies).
Not sure what you mean. Maybe you forgot to link some images?
zombie_dragon, blue_dragon from trinity campaign.
zombie_dragon.png
zombie_dragon.png (11.89 KiB) Viewed 9056 times
blue_dragon.png
blue_dragon.png (6.71 KiB) Viewed 9056 times
Creator of WOTG (+2880 units), MWC (+615 units), SurvivorsArea, RandomColosseum, RC WOTG, RC MWC, ColosseumRandomClonesBattle, BetweenDarknessAndLight, StealingWeapons, MoreUnitsForms, MoreDamageTypes, CanBeOnlyOne, ColosseumOneWinner, BonusSpam, CriticalStrike - available at 1.12 Wesnoth server.