Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
megane
Art Contributor

Post by megane »

megane wrote:a few hours
:lol: aha ha haaa haah aahah hahahaa haha

edit: out of hex (yeah, i know it doesn't matter anymore, but meh)
Attachments
pathfinder.png
pathfinder.png (2.53 KiB) Viewed 4329 times
Last edited by megane on January 22nd, 2008, 11:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
that little girl's parents were attacked by ninjas - generic npc
hee hee! - little girl
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

megane wrote:
megane wrote:a few hours
:lol: aha ha haaa haah aahah hahahaa haha
Image Welcome to the club.
JW

Post by JW »

megane wrote:edit: out of hex (yeah, i know it doesn't matter anymore, but meh)
What does this mean? Standing images can go outside the hex now? :shock:
Boucman
Inactive Developer

Post by Boucman »

no they can't
Fight key loggers: write some perl using vim
megane
Art Contributor

Post by megane »

Boucman wrote:no they can't
Well, I'm not sure, which is why I cut it back to inside the hex. However, I know for a fact the Necromancer's staff extends outside, as does the Ancient Wose's foliage... those might be done with halo effects, though. Either way, staying within the hex boundary is a good idea, and one I have no good reason to subvert.

Anh. Noone tells me anything. :wink:
hee hee! - little girl
Blueblaze

Post by Blueblaze »

yes they can
Quietus
Art Contributor

Post by Quietus »

Blueblaze wrote:
yes they can
They may look like they can, but when an animation comes into contact with a hex next to it, that side of the hex is cut off. i.e. you loose a bit of the sprite. I think thats right. I was messing around and thats what happened to me :?
Blueblaze

Post by Blueblaze »

Quietus wrote:They may look like they can, but when an animation comes into contact with a hex next to it, that side of the hex is cut off. i.e. you loose a bit of the sprite. I think thats right. I was messing around and thats what happened to me :?
Did you make the part sticking out a halo?
Noyga
Inactive Developer

Post by Noyga »

Blueblaze wrote:
yes they can
But this causes visual glitches... Parts outside the hex tend to disapear when something happen around...

At least the Goblin pillager, Goblin Rouser (or Impaler i don't remeber which one, maybe both), Necromancer can cause this kind of visual problems.
"Ooh, man, my mage had a 30% chance to miss, but he still managed to hit! Awesome!" ;) -- xtifr
JW

Post by JW »

Noyga wrote:
Blueblaze wrote: yes they can
But this causes visual glitches... Parts outside the hex tend to disapear when something happen around...

At least the Goblin pillager, Goblin Rouser (or Impaler i don't remeber which one, maybe both), Necromancer can cause this kind of visual problems.
Well, megane, if you don't mind this occassional visual glitch, I will put this in the next release. I will take silence as acceptance as well. 8)

If you want not to have these glitches though, you could either let me know not to add it or simply alter the sprite. As it is I plan to include it though.
megane
Art Contributor

Post by megane »

I already altered it, it fits in the hex now. It was just my original draft, up for ~20 seconds, that was too long. Heretic is next, btw.
hee hee! - little girl
megane
Art Contributor

Post by megane »

I did a quick Falcon Therian. I tried to make it look sort of like the original, but conforming to standard Wesnoth proportions + shading etc. Her dress is supposed to look sort of "feathery," so as to emphasize the fact that she turns into a bird (my concept of the Therians is basically that they're mostly human when standing around, but transform into animals to fight or, in the Falcon's case, fly around).

On a related note, I think some of the Therian unit names could use some work; the Falcon Therian levels into a Therian Falcon, for example...

edit: whoops, dp :shock:
Attachments
falcon-shifter.png
falcon-shifter.png (1.8 KiB) Viewed 4103 times
hee hee! - little girl
JW

Post by JW »

megane wrote:I did a quick Falcon Therian. I tried to make it look sort of like the original, but conforming to standard Wesnoth proportions + shading etc. Her dress is supposed to look sort of "feathery," so as to emphasize the fact that she turns into a bird (my concept of the Therians is basically that they're mostly human when standing around, but transform into animals to fight or, in the Falcon's case, fly around).

On a related note, I think some of the Therian unit names could use some work; the Falcon Therian levels into a Therian Falcon, for example...

edit: whoops, dp :shock:
Yes indeed.

Also......

..............HOW THE HELL DID I MISS THIS POST?!?!!??!?!

Thanks for telling me of it on the server tonight. It's DEFINITELY going in G7. :wink:
Melon

Post by Melon »

I took a stab at redrawing some of the vampire sprites with Team Color added. If there's any interest I might do more.
Attachments
Fledgeling.png
Fledgeling.png (4.54 KiB) Viewed 3860 times
Thin Blood.png
Thin Blood.png (4.66 KiB) Viewed 3860 times
JW

Post by JW »

Melon wrote:I took a stab at redrawing some of the vampire sprites with Team Color added. If there's any interest I might do more.
Hey, thanks!! I really like the fledgeling, but I'm not so sure of the thin blood. It's a good sprite, but it doesn't really fit the unit to be covered in robes. You could perhaps remove the weapons and try to turn it into the blood apprentice?

Thanks for the art! :D I'm actually going to put the fledgling in tonights release if you don't mind. :)