Twisted Era Art

Make art for user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
ubertuna-1

Twisted Era Art

Post by ubertuna-1 »

Here I am postiong all of my concept art for the faction that I might make, The Twisted. If anybody has feedback please tell me and if there is anybody out there that would be willing to do some WML for this please PM me. Here is what I have done so far:
Attachments
Various units pictures for a faction that I am working on.
Various units pictures for a faction that I am working on.
Units.png (17.13 KiB) Viewed 4122 times
ubertuna-1

Post by ubertuna-1 »

Hmm... There are white spots on the voodoo master guy. I can't make them go away. :( Anybody know how to get rid of them? I recolored but they always appear if saved as .png
Tom of wesnoth

Post by Tom of wesnoth »

I like the white spots.
If i could i would turn into a world ruler!
ubertuna-1

Post by ubertuna-1 »

Really? They look really slopy to me. I don't understand why they are there. That part should be gray like the rest of his robe thingy.
thespaceinvader
Retired Art Director

Post by thespaceinvader »

That part of your frankenstein was taken from the Ghost, and was originally semitransparent. Get a program that can handle transparency if you want to frankentein. But ghost bits don't really work for non-ghost units TBH unless you make some fairly serious edits.
http://thespaceinvader.co.uk | http://thespaceinvader.deviantart.com
Back to work. Current projects: Catching up on commits. Picking Meridia back up. Sprite animations, many and varied.
ubertuna-1

Post by ubertuna-1 »

ahh ok. I'll guess I'll just have to deal with it as is then.
Tom of wesnoth

Post by Tom of wesnoth »

On your skeleton mage one it has skeleton head and human feet!
If i could i would turn into a world ruler!
Urs
Art Contributor

Post by Urs »

I strongly suggest you get the GIMP. It's free and open source. Then you won't have to resort to makind floating solid yellow diamonds for what I assume is some kind of magic.
ubertuna-1

Post by ubertuna-1 »

What's the website? Sourceforge?
Stilgar

Post by Stilgar »

http://www.gimp.org. I should thank you for making me check it as I see the version I have installed is out of date.
ubertuna-1

Post by ubertuna-1 »

Thanks. And I see that it does download from sourceforge. Almost every freeware app does.
irrevenant
Moderator Emeritus

Post by irrevenant »

How hard is it to do a google search for "GIMP"? :?
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

ubertuna-1 wrote:Almost every freeware app does.
Open Source?
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
longhair

Post by longhair »

ubertuna-1 wrote:
Almost every freeware app does.
Freeware is software that is free as in you don't pay any money for it. Otherwise, it's closed off to any end user. You can't modify it or examine the source code. Nobody is allowed to "improve" on it.

Free software, sometimes known as Open Source software, (don't tell that to Richard Stallman) on the other hand, is free as in liberty. You are allowed to view the source code, and make any modifications that you like. Usually, there is some sort of license that requires you to make your software free if you distribute modifications to an existing piece of software. Both Battle for Wesnoth and GIMP are free software, and both are under the GPL license. For example, you could take BFW's AI code and make improvements on it, and redistribute your code, and even call it Tuna-AI, but you would still be required to distribute it freely, and make your source code available on demand. And, of course, somebody could take your code and make improvements on it too.

And yes, get the GIMP. It's great.
irrevenant
Moderator Emeritus

Post by irrevenant »

longhair wrote:Both Battle for Wesnoth and GIMP are free software, and both are under the GPL license.
The 'f' in Free Software is usually capitalised to help minimise the confusion with any software that is free.

Some people use the term "libre software", libre being french for free and not having the "freedom" vs "zero cost" confusion that the English word "free" does.

To further confuse matters, the vast bulk of Free Software doesn't cost anything, either...