Widder's artwork/Dibujos míos (Goblin spearman/lancero)

Make art for user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Widder

Widder's artwork/Dibujos míos (Goblin spearman/lancero)

Post by Widder »

Hola, me ofreceria para hacer ilustraciones para los personajes, para donde sale las caracteristicas de cada uno y podria hacer algun dibujo para alguna campaña si interesa.

Only Speak Spanish sorry :cry: .

Lancero Goblin/ Spearman Goblin ?

Translation (by Shadow Master)

> Hi, I volunteer myself for making portraits for the game's characters,
> those that are used in their profiles; I could make some for campaigns if
> you are interested.
> I only speak Spanish, sorry about that.

-- EDIT: edited title.
-- EDIT2: added translation
Last edited by Widder on November 13th, 2007, 3:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
thespaceinvader
Retired Art Director

Post by thespaceinvader »

I hope someone can translate this...

You've got a good eye for detail, and good linework, but the anatomy's way off. The spear-arm seems to bend backwards at the shoulder, and the legs are very widely set. This is a bit awkward from an anatomy point of view, but it hurts the piece more because that pose would be VERY hard to sustain for a long period of time.

From a stylistic point of view, it's good, but it might be a little overly caricatured for Wesnoth. And the armour seems like it's far too good quality to belong to a level 1 goblin unit.

It looks great, thoguh.
http://thespaceinvader.co.uk | http://thespaceinvader.deviantart.com
Back to work. Current projects: Catching up on commits. Picking Meridia back up. Sprite animations, many and varied.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

thespaceinvader wrote:You've got a good eye for detail, and good linework, but the anatomy's way off. The spear-arm seems to bend backwards at the shoulder, and the legs are very widely set. This is a bit awkward from an anatomy point of view, but it hurts the piece more because that pose would be VERY hard to sustain for a long period of time.

From a stylistic point of view, it's good, but it might be a little overly caricatured for Wesnoth. And the armour seems like it's far too good quality to belong to a level 1 goblin unit.

It looks great, thoguh.
My translation:
thespaceinvader <translated> wrote:El dibujo es bastante detallado, y el delineamiento es bastante bueno, pero la anatomía está muy mal. El brazo/lanza parece estar pegado por detrás del hombro, y las piernas están muy separadas entre sí. Es algo extraño desde un punto de vista anatómico, pero le hace más daño a la pieza de arte puesto que tal postura sería demasiado difícil de sostener (para el goblin) por un período largo de tiempo.

Desde un punto de vista estilístico, es bueno, pero quizá demasiado caricaturístico para Wesnoth. Y la armadura se ve de muy buena calidad para ser de un goblin de nivel 1.

Se ve genial, de todos modos.
Developer's note: This is an special case since the person contacted me in translations forum asking for help on how to post this if he didn't speak English at all. So any problems, contact me first.
edit: rewording in spanish.
Last edited by Iris on October 11th, 2007, 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
thespaceinvader
Retired Art Director

Post by thespaceinvader »

Muchas gracias.

I know a little spanish... But that's about it.
http://thespaceinvader.co.uk | http://thespaceinvader.deviantart.com
Back to work. Current projects: Catching up on commits. Picking Meridia back up. Sprite animations, many and varied.
Widder

Post by Widder »

Perdona si te ago trabajar Shadow :oops: .

Yo pense en hacer un dibujo bastante simplon por que e mirado los dibujos de los demas guerreros norteños y no son muy detallados yo creia que eso le pegava mas con el estilo del juego, pero puedo adaptarme a un estilo mas serio segun lo que me pidais. La verdad que el hombro del brazo que sostiene la lanza no me terminava de comvencer pero tampoco lo veia tan mal :P

Dejo aki un enlace a otra pagina donde tengo mas dibujos mios y el estilo que mas creeis que le pega lo puedo usar para hacer las ilustraciones de los personajes.

http://rolonline.foroactivo.com/Dibujos ... 67.htm#276

Translation to English by Shadow Master:
I decided to make a simplistic drawing because I have seen the portraits of other northern warriors, and they are not every detailed; I thought that this was the idea/style for the game, but I can adapt myself to a more serious style according to what you ask me. Actually, I did not completely like the shoulder of the arm that wields the spear, but I neither considered it too bad. :p

I leave here a link to another page, where there are more of my drawings, and I can use the style that you think fits better to make the character's portraits. http://rolonline.foroactivo.com/Dibujos ... 67.htm#276
Translation ends here.
Last edited by Widder on October 12th, 2007, 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shadow

Post by Shadow »

Not bad a bit cartoony though.
Your other stuff isn't bad either what's about coloring.
(Hopeful you can understand it, I could only offer it in German)
... all romantics meet the same fate someday
Cynical and drunk and boring someone in some dark cafe ...
All good dreamers pass this way some day
Hidin’ behind bottles in dark cafes
Tom of wesnoth

Post by Tom of wesnoth »

My sister forces me to watch stupid dora but the spanish words may come in handy.The goblin looks like an idiot!
If i could i would turn into a world ruler!
Caeb

Post by Caeb »

when was the last time you saw a smart goblin...?

bienvenido al foro, Widder...
Widder

Post by Widder »

Gracias Caeb.

Sobre el goblin, decir que tan solo es un dibujo hecho en poco rato, como e puesto en el link podeis ver mas dibujos mios y si interesa que yo haga dibujos, puedo intentar adaptarme al estilo que se necesite.

Ademas cuando dibujo un personaje necesito informacion sobre el, estoy dibujando personajes para un juego de unos amigos y cuando me piden un dibujo me dan informacion sobre como deve de ser, este goblin lo e dibujado mirando al goblin del juego y me resulta complicado ver exactamente como es por que es muy pequeño.

Quiero poder colaborar en las ilustraciones de los personajes que creo que no estan todas hechas. Por lo menos en la version del juego que tengo yo no lo estan.

Gracias y perdon por no escribir en ingles.

Translation to English by Shadow Master:
Thanks Caeb. About the goblin, I just wanted to say that it was a quick drawing that I made; as pointed in the link, you can see more of my drawings, and if you are interested on them, I can try to adapt to the proper style.

Besides, when I draw a character I need background information on it; I'm drawing characters for some friend's game, and when they ask me for a drawing they give me information on what it should look like. I drew this goblin based on the in-game sprites, so due to its small size, it is difficult for me to guess exactly what it should look like.

I'd like to contribute the character's portraits, that I think they have not been done (all of them) yet. At least, in the version that I have they aren't.

Thanks and my apologies for not writing in English.
Translation ends here.
np
Last edited by Widder on October 12th, 2007, 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
irrevenant
Moderator Emeritus

Post by irrevenant »

Caeb wrote:when was the last time you saw a smart goblin...?
bienvenido al foro, Widder...
Ahem.
Caeb

Post by Caeb »

crikey, they must've stumbled upon one of those black monoliths... :o

anyway, their type doesn't exist on the Dev version yet, where our goblins are still lovably dumb and non-threatening (until the spear goes into the eye)...
Widder

Post by Widder »

Esto...os hace falta que os dibuje algun personaje? Si o no?

El dibujo del goblin si no se adapta lo puedo volver a hacer otra vez.
jdsampayo

Post by jdsampayo »

Bienvenido Widder.

Si hacen falta, y muchos.

Dame un tiempo para revizar los que hacen falta, ya hubo otros dibujantes haciendo el mismo pedido. Jetryl es el Director de Arte, el sabe lo que hace falta, Si quieres le pregunto, mientras voy a buscar el tema en el que se pusieron los que faltaban.

Si tienes la version de desarrollo 1.3.8, entonces cualquiera que no este, me imagino que puedes trabajar con el.

-------------------
EDIT:

Me referia e este tema
Jetryl wrote: Los primeras podrian ser de las campañas que no las tienen, o que estan frankestenizadas (algunas campañas hacen sus ilustraciones editando otras ilustraciones). Dandole un vistazo (a mi version pasada 1.3.3), parece que las siguientes campañas necesitan ilustraciones, probablemente en este orden:

- Descent into Darkness
- Son of the Black Eye
- Two Brothers
Me parece que en Descent into Darkness ya se trabajo, podrias hacer ilustraciones de los principales caracteres de las otras campañas. O bien, de alguna unidad que no tenga en 1.3.8.

Aun no me a contestado Jetryl, eso es lo que saque de aquel tema.
In quechquixcauh maniz cemanahuatl, ayc pollihuiz yn itenyo, yn itauhca in Mexico-Tenochtitlan
As long as the world exists, no one will forget the glory and honor of Mexico-Tenochtitlan - Culhuacan memorial
Widder

Post by Widder »

Gracias jdsampayo, voy a descargarme la version 1.3.8 si no es molestia podrias ir diciendome tu lo que se necesita? Es que yo no se ingles, uso una pagina que traduce los textos, pero no me entero de mucho.
Vendanna

Post by Vendanna »

Widder wrote:Gracias jdsampayo, voy a descargarme la version 1.3.8 si no es molestia podrias ir diciendome tu lo que se necesita? Es que yo no se ingles, uso una pagina que traduce los textos, pero no me entero de mucho.
Yo esperaría un poquillo a que aparezca la versión de Windows de la 1.3.9 que está en ciernes, ya que debería aparecer pronto (bueno tan pronto como que alguien la suba, pero no suele tardar demasiado)

Por cierto tu enano con escudo de los enlaces de tu galería me ha encantado.
"Mysteries are revealed in the light of reason."