Roman commander unit

Make art for user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Attila

Roman commander unit

Post by Attila »

I was playing The Fall of silvium and did not like my in ability to use my commander for fighting like in most campaigns, so I hastily made two commander units for the Roman faction, a level 2 Proconsul and a level 3 Consul. I have a feeling that the weakness of the commander was an intended part of the campaign, but I still did not like having to protect him the whole time.
Attachments
proconsul.png
proconsul.png (3.56 KiB) Viewed 3499 times
consul.png
consul.png (3.83 KiB) Viewed 3501 times
Troy

Post by Troy »

those look good :) .

you need turins consent though before they will be units in the faction though.
well, all for the better good than for the bad good.

new forum
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

You're right, it was intentional, and I won't be using these guys for the FoS unit. But do you mind if I use them for something else? I will eventually have need of a mounted legionnaire-type guy, and these would save me some work. ;)

Artwise, they're pretty good frankensteins, but the two units are too similar. They need to have more differences than... what, a different crest on their helmet and emblems on their spears? Is there anything else different?
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Stilgar

Post by Stilgar »

Is it just me, or is there something odd about how the rider is sitting on that horse? I get the impression that he's either too far forward, or too low, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

Or is it just my imagination?
Me1234

Post by Me1234 »

i'd say that they are too low and too far forward.
Confucious say "If you stand on toilet, you high on pot."
Attila

Post by Attila »

turin wrote:You're right, it was intentional, and I won't be using these guys for the FoS unit. But do you mind if I use them for something else? I will eventually have need of a mounted legionnaire-type guy, and these would save me some work. ;)
Feel free to use him for whatever, I'm coding him into my game as having the same statistics as the claimant / champion, but with leadership.

I tried to fix how far he was up, and I think it looks a lot better now. And for making the unit more distinctive, I redrew the plume, and drew an elongated flag. There's is very little room for the standard, and I'm kind of at a loss about how to make it distinctive.
Attachments
consul.png
consul.png (4.02 KiB) Viewed 3447 times