Undead looking thing...

Make art for user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Typhon

Undead looking thing...

Post by Typhon »

I was doodling around and came up with this guy, does anyone have any use for him?

Flarin

Post by Flarin »

He looks..... confused
Layeth the Wesnoth
commanderkeen

Post by commanderkeen »

Looks a bit like a not-very-rotten WC!

I like it, although I don't know what it can be used for either. I have been thinking of making a campaign with a dark adept as one of the main characters, so if you don't mind me using I'll put it in my campaign (If it ever gets finished!)
Gus

Post by Gus »

It looks emo =P
Hard work may pay off in the long run, but laziness always pays off right away.
Typhon

Post by Typhon »

commanderkeen wrote:Looks a bit like a not-very-rotten WC!

I like it, although I don't know what it can be used for either. I have been thinking of making a campaign with a dark adept as one of the main characters, so if you don't mind me using I'll put it in my campaign (If it ever gets finished!)
I don't mind at all. =)
Aisling Morrighan

Post by Aisling Morrighan »

Typhon - by any chance, did you ever get around to doing any portraits for Talamh? I know you expressed an interest, but I'm not sure if you actually drew anything?

If so, I'd be interested to see what you came up with. If not, don't worry too much - it's rather an academic point at the moment, since both Inigo Montoya and myself* have extremely limited ability to work on it at present - I'm more curious than anything else.

* Talamh's current developers, having 'inherited' the project following my sister's death.
Codail faoi shíocháin, a chroí.
Eitil go Tir na n'Og.
Cronaim tusa, Fiach Dubh.
commanderkeen

Post by commanderkeen »

Thanks! I really don't know how you come up with this kind of stuff... I'm only able to draw reasonable humans...

Reminds me of a zombie knight too in a way. Probably more than a WC. Maybe a WC Zombie Knight?
Maybe i should change my main character in the campaign to a skeleton. Anyway, I'll be sure to put your name in the credits, and to try and actually finish this campaign, rather than going round in circles...
Typhon

Post by Typhon »

Aisling Morrighan wrote:Typhon - by any chance, did you ever get around to doing any portraits for Talamh? I know you expressed an interest, but I'm not sure if you actually drew anything?

If so, I'd be interested to see what you came up with. If not, don't worry too much - it's rather an academic point at the moment, since both Inigo Montoya and myself* have extremely limited ability to work on it at present - I'm more curious than anything else.

* Talamh's current developers, having 'inherited' the project following my sister's death.
Well there was the other-dimensional people(the alien looking ones), I came up with a concept to how I think they could look...

^ a basic robed one, could easily be the "base" art for them, and could be color changed for different robe colors...

^ A concept of how a leader of them might look.

I tried to kinda make them a blend between doplegangers and mind flayers.

Sorry I didn't come up with them sooner, I've been having allot of random drama in my life, including a scanner breaking(just got a new one recently).

Let me know what you think.
Typhon

Post by Typhon »

commanderkeen wrote:Thanks! I really don't know how you come up with this kind of stuff... I'm only able to draw reasonable humans...

Reminds me of a zombie knight too in a way. Probably more than a WC. Maybe a WC Zombie Knight?
Maybe i should change my main character in the campaign to a skeleton. Anyway, I'll be sure to put your name in the credits, and to try and actually finish this campaign, rather than going round in circles...
I could help with that if you want, undead are one of my favorite things to draw. =P

If you do use adepts, could the 'dark adepts' have black lab coats like this?(If not regular robes are cool too, I just like the look of these better)
Note, the above drawing is just an example of the type of coat, I did that like 2-3 years ago, so it's not very well done. =P
Aisling Morrighan

Very, very nice - I can see why my sister asked you to do them!
Minor quibble - the leader probably shouldn't be covered in bandages, based on the faction's background he'd most probably stay out of trouble and let the warrior caste get beaten up instead (they're seen as useful, but not at all socially-acceptable - much like the Indian 'Untouchable' caste - and therefore regarded as completely expendable).

Otherwise, pretty much perfect. IF you want to do more, I can guarantee you that they WILL be used - though maybe not for quite some time, development of Talamh has stalled for an indefinite period because of extremely limited access to computers.

We are NOT abandoning the project, and nor are we in the market for a new maintainer/developer - but neither of us will be able to do much very quickly for a while.

Back on-topic(-ish), I love all of your drawings that I've seen (yeah, Talamh development is starting to look like the 'Typhon Fan Club'!), be advised that ANYTHING you draw is likely to find its way into Talamh somehow (even if we need to make a new unit just to get it in!)

If you find yourself with nothing to do, I'd particularly like some portraits for the Risen faction - basically heroic-looking (or at least, not blatantly evil) skeletons, dressed in either chainmail or normal medieval/pre-medieval clothes. They're the next element that we're going to be working on when we finish the Danu, and neither of us really has a clue how to go about drawing dead people!

Keep up the incredible work!
Eitil go Tir na n'Og.
Typhon

Post by Typhon »

Aisling Morrighan wrote:Very, very nice - I can see why my sister asked you to do them!
Minor quibble - the leader probably shouldn't be covered in bandages, based on the faction's background he'd most probably stay out of trouble and let the warrior caste get beaten up instead (they're seen as useful, but not at all socially-acceptable - much like the Indian 'Untouchable' caste - and therefore regarded as completely expendable).

Otherwise, pretty much perfect. IF you want to do more, I can guarantee you that they WILL be used - though maybe not for quite some time, development of Talamh has stalled for an indefinite period because of extremely limited access to computers.

We are NOT abandoning the project, and nor are we in the market for a new maintainer/developer - but neither of us will be able to do much very quickly for a while.

Back on-topic(-ish), I love all of your drawings that I've seen (yeah, Talamh development is starting to look like the 'Typhon Fan Club'!), be advised that ANYTHING you draw is likely to find its way into Talamh somehow (even if we need to make a new unit just to get it in!)

If you find yourself with nothing to do, I'd particularly like some portraits for the Risen faction - basically heroic-looking (or at least, not blatantly evil) skeletons, dressed in either chainmail or normal medieval/pre-medieval clothes. They're the next element that we're going to be working on when we finish the Danu, and neither of us really has a clue how to go about drawing dead people!

Keep up the incredible work!

How's that for a risen? I tried to make it look good-ish(I think it ended up looking more sad then evil). =P

The armor is kinda norse/dark-age like, if that's not the type you were describing, it can be changed. =P

Anyway let me know. =)
Aisling Morrighan

F*** me, you're quick! That's absolutely perfect, very nicely done as usual!
Eitil go Tir na n'Og.
Typhon

Post by Typhon »

Aisling Morrighan wrote:F*** me, you're quick! That's absolutely perfect, very nicely done as usual!
Thanks. =D
commanderkeen

Post by commanderkeen »

Typhon wrote:I could help with that if you want, undead are one of my favorite things to draw. =P

If you do use adepts, could the 'dark adepts' have black lab coats like this?(If not regular robes are cool too, I just like the look of these better)
Note, the above drawing is just an example of the type of coat, I did that like 2-3 years ago, so it's not very well done. =P
It's a pretty short campaign I'm working on, and there is only 1 or 2 undead characters with dialog (Its really a town vs. undead for 3 scenarios then you play the undead for the next 3) and 2 or 3 living characters with dialog.

Since I'm not well known for finishing things, you don't have to bother until I actually finish the framework of the campaign.

If you want to draw a picture, I'll use it, but the first one's adequate until I complete the campaign, or at least the first 3 scenarios.
Blarumyrran
Art Contributor

Post by Blarumyrran »

the reaper looks bad, but the aliens and the skeleton look awesome.