Phoenix Kingdom

Make art for user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Sabata

Phoenix Kingdom

Post by Sabata »

Just wanted to show my units for the campaing i am working on... they are the bad guys.

Note:They are frankenstains.

Sujestions please.
Attachments
dark kingdom.png
dark kingdom.png (42.25 KiB) Viewed 6657 times
Krispos

Post by Krispos »

I like most of them ;)
John 3:16 (NIV)
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."
Professionals built the Titanic
Amateurs built the Ark
Iron Knight

Post by Iron Knight »

not bad
Ryorin

Post by Ryorin »

Not bad, but not awesomely good (Not that my art is anything special or anything). Why is it that people like my talon knight so much... The level 3 warrior, mine had a different sword though. I like them though.
Fiach Dubh

Post by Fiach Dubh »

I like these. you need more variation with the heads though (try recolouring the hood on a Mage). And the level-3 unit's sword is too sharply outlined.

I'm not quite sure why the lizard-rider is there, he doesn't fit in with the others at all. How's this?
Attachments
dark-lizard-rider.png
dark-lizard-rider.png (2.08 KiB) Viewed 6631 times
Jetryl wrote:Normal people are like candy ravers. You look away for a moment and next thing you know they're spreading vaseline on your nipples and cooing like a pigeon.
wnsk

Post by wnsk »

IMO, the lizard/dino's green is too bright and contrasts too strongly with the overall colour scheme of the others. Therefore, it gives the impression that it somehow doesn't fit.

Perhaps making it into a paler or darker green might be better?
Sabata

Post by Sabata »

Ryorin, this is my first campaing so thats why it not awesomly good... it looks like you didnt liked something, and i supose that your talon knight is like one below rigth?? This one have a special use in game :wink:
Attachments
talon_knight_207.png
talon_knight_207.png (2.83 KiB) Viewed 6561 times
Last edited by Sabata on December 20th, 2006, 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
martenzo

Post by martenzo »

Hmm, they're all good for frankensteined units, but the second levels for the rider are made fully by neorice. I wonder if I should tell him? ;)
me: Welcome to the real world. If everyone says your art and opinions suck, it's because they DO suck. Even if you're too damned proud/stupid/both to realize it.
danny_california: yep keep telling fairy tales.
Sabata

Post by Sabata »

martenzo wrote:...but the second levels for the rider are made fully by neorice. I wonder if I should tell him? ;)
I know that... they just fit my story, and they dont really need any modifications.

And about that lizard rider... i just wanted some variations, but i think it doesnt fit... any idea??
Iron Knight

Post by Iron Knight »

well you go for it
Neoriceisgood
Art Developer

Post by Neoriceisgood »

martenzo wrote:Hmm, they're all good for frankensteined units, but the second levels for the rider are made fully by neorice. I wonder if I should tell him? ;)
No need, everyone does it anyway;

Besides GPL or whatever that thing is calledd pretty much means that anything I donate to wesnoth, is free for anyone to use, if they use it under the gpu..gl whatever, right; So even if you told me, if he's doing this for inclusion in wesnoth, he's technicaly allowed to.

Besides, this is the reason I only donate weird or non characteristic stuff to wesnoth; either it's just not close to me, so I couldn't care if people mangled it; or it's just too weird to use properly (dawarfw darawrf, dawawrf whatever it's called again, EP?)

Though I -would- suggest changing them, the problem with using unaltered unit graphics is that someone else will do the same, resulting in different units that look exactly the same.
Signature dropped due to use of img tag
wayfarer
Art Contributor

Post by wayfarer »

Neoriceisgood wrote:
martenzo wrote:Hmm, they're all good for frankensteined units, but the second levels for the rider are made fully by neorice. I wonder if I should tell him? ;)
No need, everyone does it anyway;

Besides GPL or whatever that thing is calledd pretty much means that anything I donate to wesnoth, is free for anyone to use, if they use it under the gpu..gl whatever, right; So even if you told me, if he's doing this for inclusion in wesnoth, he's technicaly allowed to.

Besides, this is the reason I only donate weird or non characteristic stuff to wesnoth; either it's just not close to me, so I couldn't care if people mangled it; or it's just too weird to use properly (dawarfw darawrf, dawawrf whatever it's called again, EP?)

Though I -would- suggest changing them, the problem with using unaltered unit graphics is that someone else will do the same, resulting in different units that look exactly the same.
Now you make me curious. What is actual your "characteristic stuff" as I recall your drakes couldn't get more personal.
This girl, this boy, They were part of the land. What happens to the places we used to tend?
She's a hard one to trust, And he's a roving ghost. Will you come back, will you come back, Or leave me alone?

-Ghost Fields
Sabata

Post by Sabata »

Neoriceisgood wrote:Though I -would- suggest changing them, the problem with using unaltered unit graphics is that someone else will do the same, resulting in different units that look exactly the same.
Hmm... but they are just so vell done, but ill try make some changes.
Ryorin

Post by Ryorin »

No Sabata, nothing wrong. I don't mind that people use my art, but this is the third time someone has used it. I just thought it was kinda odd.
Fear me! For I am higher level than you!
Sabata

Post by Sabata »

Ryorin wrote:No Sabata, nothing wrong. I don't mind that people use my art, but this is the third time someone has used it. I just thought it was kinda odd.
Third time!!! :shock: So i will change it, maybe a new color, sword...