Question about art making programs.

Make art for user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Sabata

Question about art making programs.

Post by Sabata »

Does somebody use photoshp to make his units? Because i did some units, the problem is that they have problems in game, actually it crashes, there is nothing wrong in unit wml, they say the problem is that photoshop make some kind of metadata in png files, and that metadata make problems in windows wesnoth version, they sugested me to resave my images whit another program so i am traing JDraw, is it good?? And does anybody else have a problem like mine??
Eleazar
Retired Terrain Art Director

Post by Eleazar »

Photoshop saves excessively large PNG files, but i've never heard of them making the game crash.
Photoshop usually comes with ImageReady, which will save lean and metadata-less PNG files.
I don't know anything about JDraw.
Feel free to PM me if you start a new terrain oriented thread. It's easy for me to miss them among all the other art threads.
-> What i might be working on
Attempting Lucidity
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

Eleazar wrote:Photoshop saves excessively large PNG files, but i've never heard of them making the game crash.
That was what caused the mysterious dialogue crashes in UtBS around 1.1.2.
Sabata wrote:
You make it sound like you didn't already solve the problem, unlike what you said earlier?
Sabata

Post by Sabata »

zookeeper wrote:You make it sound like you didn't already solve the problem, unlike what you said earlier?
Actualy i thought that i solved it, but after 5 tries it made it again so i tried the other option, NEW PROGRAM and yes finally it looks like it works but its really hard to belive.