Make art for user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
tapik
Code Contributor

Request - young Delfador portraits

Post by tapik »

So, guys, I'm seeking for a portraits for Delfadors memoirs. The first one I'd like to have is the young Delfador - two ones. One as a student on Isle of Anduin mage school (School of Light) and the second one as a journeying, little older mage. Thanks very much!
Wesnothu ZDAR!
Czech l10n team member
A New Order maintainer
Delfador's Memoirs
Greek Maniac

Post by Greek Maniac »

I believe that your campaign is OK without Delfador's portraits... :idea: ! Private an art developer!
Don't go to Greece because a maniac will kill you...
tapik
Code Contributor

Post by tapik »

Greek Maniac wrote:I believe that your campaign is OK without Delfador's portraits... :idea: ! Private an art developer!
You know, the first long story I'm currently replacing by set of scenarios, where the Delfador is speaking. And I prefer portraits. But I have no ones, so the scenarios are using the current one. Wait for a new release of DM to see changes ;-)
Wesnothu ZDAR!
Czech l10n team member
A New Order maintainer
Delfador's Memoirs
Greek Maniac

Post by Greek Maniac »

Listen, I told you to send private message to someone like Jetryl and ask him.I didn't mean that the campaign doesn't need portraits. :|
Don't go to Greece because a maniac will kill you...
tapik
Code Contributor

Post by tapik »

Greek Maniac wrote:Listen, I told you to send private message to someone like Jetryl and ask him.I didn't mean that the campaign doesn't need portraits. :|
Oh, I see, I misunderstand the sentence "Private an art delevoper!", which I recognize:"Don't disturb an art delevoper!" :-D

I'll send the private message to him, thanks.
Wesnothu ZDAR!
Czech l10n team member
A New Order maintainer
Delfador's Memoirs
Gus

Post by Gus »

I believe it's best to create a thread instead of asking someone who might or might not be interested, and who is certainly already very busy with a load of other projects.
Hard work may pay off in the long run, but laziness always pays off right away.
Maeglin Dubh
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Maeglin Dubh »

Please do not PM Jetryl unless it's terribly important.

And it's generally ill-advised to take advice on who to consult from someone with a double-digit post count and no visible rank.

Please note: Maeglin is not being elitist. Maeglin is being realistic. The majority of people in the above category will have no idea what they're talking about. He also realizes there are exceptions. If you are one, be happy. Eat a cookie. But don't bug me.
Cuyo Quiz wrote:I really should push for Temuchin's brainstorming with all my might someday, when the skies are cloudy, the winds dance and the light is free to roam over the soil along the fog.
Leonhard
Art Contributor

Post by Leonhard »

Maeglin Dubh wrote:If you are one, be happy. Eat a cookie. But don't bug me.
Efficient! :wink: (a bit OT, I know, please forgive me :) )
Thrawn
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Thrawn »

I'd be happy to try, but don't expect super-awesome work or anything ;)

EDIT: how old is young? 20, 30, younger?
...please remember that "IT'S" ALWAYS MEANS "IT IS" and "ITS" IS WHAT YOU USE TO INDICATE POSSESSION BY "IT".--scott

this goes for they're/their/there as well
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

Thrawn wrote:I'd be happy to try, but don't expect super-awesome work or anything ;)

He sent a PM to me, and I was vaguely interested in doing this (though not anytime in the near future), however, this would probably be a great outlet for you to work. I consented to do it, but I'm fine with you doing it in my stead. In fact please do.

Imagine him as he looks in HttT, except with a full head of hair rather than extremely recessed widowspeaks, and his hair is brown (not terribly unlike asheviere's, actually).
Thrawn
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Thrawn »

Jetryl wrote:
Thrawn wrote:I'd be happy to try, but don't expect super-awesome work or anything ;)

He sent a PM to me, and I was vaguely interested in doing this (though not anytime in the near future), however, this would probably be a great outlet for you to work. I consented to do it, but I'm fine with you doing it in my stead. In fact please do.

Imagine him as he looks in HttT, except with a full head of hair rather than extremely recessed widowspeaks, and his hair is brown (not terribly unlike asheviere's, actually).
good, as soon as I get my scanner working I can start coloring: that's what I assumed...
...please remember that "IT'S" ALWAYS MEANS "IT IS" and "ITS" IS WHAT YOU USE TO INDICATE POSSESSION BY "IT".--scott

Thrawn
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Thrawn »

:D :D :D scanner works!

is this good? rough sketch :(
Attachments
Delf-young-smaller.png
Delf-young-smaller.png (313.44 KiB) Viewed 5472 times

Sangel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Sangel »

Thrawn wrote::D :D :D scanner works!

is this good? rough sketch :(
I like it, but I'll leave it to the genuine artists to critique. :D
"Pure logic is the ruin of the spirit." - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
-wight-

Post by -wight- »

thats great, only very very minor problem is 'his' left hand looks bent around the staff too far. but other than that its awsome.
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

His right shoulder is a little too far to our left, and also needs to move up a little bit. It terms of "size of image on screen", we're talking 0.5-1.0 cm of adjustment.

Otherwise, this is some of your best work, and well above the "decent" mark.

Bonus points for a good shot at the fabric folds - the ones you have actually make sense. :)