Franken-Pack

Make art for user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Boucman
Inactive Developer

Post by Boucman »

some of theses (at least the horses) were animated, it might be worse having all the animated frames in your pack, since some poses (like the dying horses) are hard to reproduce
Fight key loggers: write some perl using vim
Redeth
Art Contributor

Post by Redeth »

Boucman wrote:some of theses (at least the horses) were animated, it might be worse having all the animated frames in your pack, since some poses (like the dying horses) are hard to reproduce
I'm not sure I understand what you mean... These are not supposed to be used for animations, not even for base frames. They're frankensteiners' material, so people can add riders, swap and edit stuff around to create new and unique mounted units.
- Rojo Capo Rey de Copas -
Boucman
Inactive Developer

Post by Boucman »

yes, I know, however having different poses of the horse allows much more frankensteining since you can cut and paste pieces of the horse itself...
Fight key loggers: write some perl using vim
Maeglin Dubh
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Maeglin Dubh »

Redeth wrote:
Maeglin Dubh wrote:Perhaps all available mounts (wolves, lizards, horses, etc) should be released in a single Need for Steed pack.... Please note that I didn't make that up. Someone at SJ Games did. But it fits.
Redeth wrote:Good idea... it shall be done.
And here it is, right in time to celebrate the new year!

ps: some of them can hardly be considered ridable units, like the spiders, the seal or the little pig and rat, but they were too cool to be left out. :P
Wow. I just saw this, and it's pretty awesome.

I get back to school the 7th, and classes don't start until that Wednesday, so I'm going to try to use some of that free time to put together a Dwarven Franken-Pack. I have been fiddling with graphics on and off, with varying results.... My whole problem is convincing myself to keep trying. Jetryl helps with that... Not that he's said anything to me about it lately. But several times in the past, he's basically just said "Do it." So I keep trying to 'do it'.
Cuyo Quiz wrote:I really should push for Temuchin's brainstorming with all my might someday, when the skies are cloudy, the winds dance and the light is free to roam over the soil along the fog.
Blarumyrran
Art Contributor

Post by Blarumyrran »

holy father, i have sinned.

now im SURE it will be commited to be upgrade of Naga Myrmidion in 1.3.

now,

behold,

the
incredible
Naga Steroidion!

(thanks goes to Eternar, Neo, and the-guy-who-made-peasants-weapon)
BloodIssyl

:D

Post by BloodIssyl »

I made the Aberration Archer! :D
He can rain death upon his foes while his steed saps the will and blood of his enemies. :twisted:
Attachments
Aberration Archer.png
Aberration Archer.png (5.02 KiB) Viewed 6680 times
Vendanna

Post by Vendanna »

Why when I copied the Frankenpack with all the humans, it appears as black with two horses, etc...? it seems rather strange since its too different from the image showed.

Here I'll attach what I get when I copied the image to use for fun.

???

This is weird, when I uploaded it here, it appears without problems, but when I open it on the Photoshop it has a black background and there is two knights and two horses in it :?:
Attachments
human_franken_pack_124.png
human_franken_pack_124.png (77.03 KiB) Viewed 6607 times
"Mysteries are revealed in the light of reason."
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Vendanna wrote:Why when I copied the Frankenpack with all the humans, it appears as black with two horses, etc...? it seems rather strange since its too different from the image showed.

Here I'll attach what I get when I copied the image to use for fun.

???

This is weird, when I uploaded it here, it appears without problems, but when I open it on the Photoshop it has a black background and there is two knights and two horses in it :?:
Perhaps your version has poor PNG support (or do you have to set it up?).
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Darth Fool
Retired Developer

Post by Darth Fool »

If I antierase in gimp what you posted I see the knights and horses. The problem is probably that photoshop is not handling alpha properly. My guess is that there is an option/tool/button which will get photoshop to view it properly.
Vendanna

Post by Vendanna »

Darth Fool wrote:If I antierase in gimp what you posted I see the knights and horses. The problem is probably that photoshop is not handling alpha properly. My guess is that there is an option/tool/button which will get photoshop to view it properly.
Thank you, that's exactly what happened and it was rather confussing since its the first time I see that happening and tought it could be a corruption somewhere.

I was practicing with it on my freetime because I would like to make a game using pixel art and these graphics helps at least to see how they were done :)

Before I got the answer of why it gived me problems, I used the "capture screen" key and paste as a new image to have fun with it without the horses (my new avatar is a sample of that) tought since I was unable to get a nice neck result I ended in making a purple scarf.
"Mysteries are revealed in the light of reason."
Me1234

Post by Me1234 »

is there a place where i can download this Franken pack? i would sure like to make a few units and i would like to learn how to layer the units as well, i hope this is the right place to put this. fell free to move this post whereever it needs to go mods and devs.
Confucious say "If you stand on toilet, you high on pot."
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Those images above ARE the frankenpack. Just download them. :?
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Stilgar

Post by Stilgar »

Me1234: Right click on the divided pieces image that's attached to this thread and save it to your hard disk. Then edit it with whatever image editing program you use to frankenstein the bits together the way you want.. That's all there is to it.
Me1234

Post by Me1234 »

are there any special tricks that i must do since i am using GIMP 2? do i just cut all of the rest save the images that i want to use and then move them so that they are touching and look good?
Confucious say "If you stand on toilet, you high on pot."
BloodIssyl

Post by BloodIssyl »

just practice doing it. You'll get the hang of it