Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
brodiero500

Post by brodiero500 »

direwolf
Attachments
2.gif
2.gif (2.74 KiB) Viewed 4708 times
Last edited by brodiero500 on November 19th, 2006, 10:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
Maeglin Dubh
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Maeglin Dubh »

You're a real sucker for punishment, aren't you?

I have class, and then chapel. But when I come back, I hope to see that you've cleaned up this thread by moving multiple posts all into one post, and labeling the others like so....

double/triple post.... mod plz delete

Let's take small steps, shall we?
Cuyo Quiz wrote:I really should push for Temuchin's brainstorming with all my might someday, when the skies are cloudy, the winds dance and the light is free to roam over the soil along the fog.
wayfarer
Art Contributor

Post by wayfarer »

I can't help his enthusiasm is admirable. But his output and manner is improvable.
Maeglin Dubh
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Maeglin Dubh »

That's why I'm being nice, and trying to improve his presentation. It's up to Jetryl, yourself, and anyone with the capability to help with his skill.
Cuyo Quiz wrote:I really should push for Temuchin's brainstorming with all my might someday, when the skies are cloudy, the winds dance and the light is free to roam over the soil along the fog.
wayfarer
Art Contributor

Post by wayfarer »

Because I've got soft Heart (it must know it it lies somewhere on my desk) I'll make a try.

First you should describe what you want (campaign, mainline, animation,...) , what you have already done and where you need help. At the moment you have posted some art which is just cutted and pasted + some other stuff that lakes a little bit (and you have scattered it all over the place!!!).
That doesn't make it easier to comment.
So try to stick to Maeglin's advices, clean this stuff and than explain what your are actual planing.
Oreb

Post by Oreb »

And I just realized where he came from.

I mean, he even spelled the place where he lives wrong, its Newcastle
I am Oreb, Lord of the Darthien
Give your comments to the World of Orbivm
Zhukov
Art Contributor

Post by Zhukov »

Brodiero PMed me for some comment, so here I am.

Ok, what you have done so far is basically the time-honored tradition of frankensteining existing unit sprites. The head-swap in particular is an effective method as you have clearly figured out.

The thing is, there really isn't anything for me to comment on. The Loyalist bodies and Outlaw heads were drawn by good pixel artists so you really can't go wrong. That said, there isn't anything wrong with cut-and-pasting. Most people start out doing that.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

The name of the thread applies to the contributions, not to the contributor himself, right? :P
=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=
1. What is the artwork for? Are you just making it like that, for no reason, just to show your skills? Or is it for a particular campaign, era, faction, etc.?
2. Get a GIMP. Just type gimp in google and dl the latest version. You'll be amazed by how much this free program can do.
3. Observe creatures from 1.1.12. They are proffesional creatures and if you want you artwork implemented then study those.
4. For the first time, frankenstein, that is: don't do anything yourself. Take a hand of one creature, head of another, practice and make creatures this way.
5. Delete the vampire, or in a short time it will be shown in tutorials "how not to make frames" :)
6. Enjoy your time here. :D
" 'God save thee, ancient Mariner!
From the fiends, that plague thee thus!--
Why look'st thou so?'--'With my cross-bow
I shot the Albatross.' "
Maeglin Dubh
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Maeglin Dubh »

For those who keep asking what this is for, I shall quote him....
ill give a brief thing ito the campain that im creating

the king at the time sends the Lieutenant out on a mission to kill an orcis clan but they ecscape. a spy that was watching the general sent the news to the king. when he got back he had a trial and the councle vots to outcast him with nothing but the things he was carrying right there and then. he was sent to a wastland to fight for survival till he started to get other outcasters to follow him against the king and the ones who outcast them. These include orc, trolls, humans, drakes, elves , dwarves, and undead. (Doing so he got control of monsters) The outcast general had an army that could not be defeted. i will not tell any more other ways it will spiol it
...And ask him nicely one last time to put all relevant information in a single post. Images I can understand, sometimes people space out their images, for whatever reason. Maybe there's a limit. But you can write a three page essay without having to start a new post (AFAIK).
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

There is a limit of 3 images per post.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Maeglin Dubh
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Maeglin Dubh »

That's what I thought. Thanks for clarifying.
brodiero500

Post by brodiero500 »

im new at this thing
wayfarer
Art Contributor

Post by wayfarer »

brodiero500 wrote:im new at this thing
Take it as a learning process.
brodiero500

Post by brodiero500 »

right then

im trying to create a werewolf with an undead rider
Last edited by brodiero500 on November 19th, 2006, 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

brodiero500 wrote:The reason being of not anwsering the post yesterday ws because i was creating a new Werewolf (AS SEEN ABOVE)
You didn't draw that. You really think we're stupid enough to not see that immediately?