general outcast

Make art for user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
brodiero500

Post by brodiero500 »

iv made this wolf rider its not perfect which you will say. All this is a wolf with a skeleton riding with a sword and the ability to use magic.

PLEASE GIVE OPINOINS
Attachments
5.gif
5.gif (1.21 KiB) Viewed 5247 times
wayfarer
Art Contributor

Post by wayfarer »

If you really want a honest opinion that is writeable you should first keep some standarts. :|

1. Image with decent backround, png format.
2. Something more useful than putting two units together
3. and if you already ignore 2 than please fill the gaps the right way. Now it just looks like a silhouette.
4. At least write what are you trieing to achive.
brodiero500

Post by brodiero500 »

its a lot more than 2 units put together

and im trying to achive to recreate units to put int the era that im making (its called the war of the worlds)
brodiero500

Post by brodiero500 »

this picture is something i got from my brothers design he has created all iv done put colour into it
Attachments
6.gif
6.gif (9.95 KiB) Viewed 5111 times
wayfarer
Art Contributor

Post by wayfarer »

brodiero500 wrote:this picture is something i got from my brothers design he has created all iv done put colour into it

OK last try.
This won't help much, as I see I see much and nothing. First get a copy of the gimp works even on Macs. There you can create transparent backrounds, and gifs without this funny text. (Ignore that sentence use png, it is free and get rid of this text)

Look here for further help with spriting
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/Create_Art

Than create a new sprite and compare it with existing sprites to evaluate if it is woth posting here else nobody is tempted to comment on your work nor improving it.
Maeglin Dubh
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Maeglin Dubh »

Unless that's one of Cthulu's cousins, I have no idea what it is.....
Cuyo Quiz wrote:I really should push for Temuchin's brainstorming with all my might someday, when the skies are cloudy, the winds dance and the light is free to roam over the soil along the fog.
TheLost1

Post by TheLost1 »

No, if you have a mac you really want to get seashore, it can do just as much as gimp and you don't have to run it in x11.

And anyways Brodiero, why not spend awhile looking through the factions and eras contributions forum and comparing your units to the various failed units and factions, and then look at and compare it to things like JW's Era of Myths and The Imperial Era. Even looking at Spacenoth might help you get the point.

Oh, and anyone can draw if they practice enough, what I do now, is spend hours and hours editing my images until they look as close to perfect as possibe, then I save it and do another picture. My recent art has been imho pretty good, and I'm 14.
The dragons are all colour-coded,
Some consider this system outmoded.
This was not preordained
Gary Gygax explained,
"My box of Crayolas exploded."
Maeglin Dubh
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Maeglin Dubh »

JW's Era of Myths, Turin's Imperial Era(s), and the Spacenoth project headed jointly by Dreampilot, I Like Programming, Tomsik, and myself, are all examples of long-term, deep-development Era projects (Imperial and Spacenoth go a bit further than that, but for purposes of example, let's simplify.)

Spacenoth has been in development for almost a year, and is just now drawing near to our first full release demo. So don't expect your faction to grow up overnight.
Cuyo Quiz wrote:I really should push for Temuchin's brainstorming with all my might someday, when the skies are cloudy, the winds dance and the light is free to roam over the soil along the fog.
traverser

Post by traverser »

As said before use gimp to create transparent background, when you create use mainly PNG format, make sure we recognise what you are drawing, a lot of confusion is not good, simplicity is the key
Since you look like you are not prepared to listen to advice I'm probably wastong my time. Cut and paste is boring, be original atleast partly, don't just put a head on the body, change hair, recolor armor, change shields, swords, take your time nothing is overnight
READ THE WIKI the advice there is great, pieced together from good advice written or given on the forum, the wiki might not change as often and thus might be boring you to death, but it is the backbone of The Society of Wesnothian Creators (us on the forums)
If you haven't noticed that the words in blue are links please view them now, their importance is great, people do not randomly place links.
If you still insist on frankensteining I recommend you look through the Graphic Library and view the contributions of others not seen in mainline
I recommend neoriceisgood, Jetryl, or fmunoz, though there are others
brodiero500

Post by brodiero500 »

can some one lock or delete this subject please