Make art for user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Thrawn
Moderator Emeritus

campaign sprites/animations

Post by Thrawn »

although he's obviously a fencer/footpad combo, the animation is mine. He's my hero person...pay no attention to the TC leggings.
Attachments
rouge_apprentice.gif
rouge_apprentice.gif (5.78 KiB) Viewed 4860 times
sprites.zip
(21.93 KiB) Downloaded 397 times
...please remember that "IT'S" ALWAYS MEANS "IT IS" and "ITS" IS WHAT YOU USE TO INDICATE POSSESSION BY "IT".--scott

this goes for they're/their/there as well
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

He doesn't look like he's wearing rouge to me... it would be a bit disturbing if he was.

I believe the word you are looking for is ROGUE. ;)
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Thrawn
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Thrawn »

turin wrote:He doesn't look like he's wearing rouge to me... it would be a bit disturbing if he was.

I believe the word you are looking for is ROGUE. ;)
shove it :)

I mix those all the time
...please remember that "IT'S" ALWAYS MEANS "IT IS" and "ITS" IS WHAT YOU USE TO INDICATE POSSESSION BY "IT".--scott

Ryorin

Post by Ryorin »

He seems sort of disturbed already without wearing rouge... In a Jason/Michael Myers kinda way...

Seriously, he's holding the knife kinda like a murderer, not like he's in a fight. It's a smooth animation however, aside from the final frame which is kinda jerky.
Thrawn
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Thrawn »

it's a backstab attack, but maybe I overdid it a bit... I meant it to be more like an actual backstab... I rushed the final frame (I assume you mean the one with the blur of the knife, right?) It could have been longer, but I got lazy. I may fix that

Ryorin

Post by Ryorin »

Okay, now it's clear to me. And don't rush the frames, they were smooth right up until the end.
Thrawn
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Thrawn »

hah, my elvish herbalist lives, as a campaign unit!!!
I haven't given up, but harder than I thought, so Zhukov's orcs inspired me to work on pixel art again (I was better than him once upon a time :) )
Attachments
elf-herbalist.png
elf-herbalist.png (3.79 KiB) Viewed 4542 times

Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

Thrawn wrote:hah, my elvish herbalist lives, as a campaign unit!!!
I haven't given up, but harder than I thought, so Zhukov's orcs inspired me to work on pixel art again (I was better than him once upon a time :) )
Suggestions:
1] Take a look at the current druid/sorceress, etc:
Image Image
http://zapicm.freeshell.org/dev/tree_elf.html

Note how _dark_ parts of the skin can get; the parts in shadow. One thing that is generally advisable for wesnoth sprite art (and for many cel-shaded styles) is to use a full range of luminosity. This can be really bad for certain other styles, hence the earlier emphasis, but it's generally good for wesnoth sprite art.

2] The pose is a good idea, to make it work better, her right leg should be further to her right. In moving this, don't move the cloak - this will mean that said leg will be mostly obscured by the cloak. That should help with the balance of the pose.