Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
danny_california

Post by danny_california »

coding is very very!!! confusing to me.
Dr. Mary Morrighan

is my babysitter
Dragon Master

Post by Dragon Master »

Thanks for the input. Maybe use less !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'s next time and actually adress what's troubling you and we'll help you.
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

Dragon Master wrote:Thanks for the input. Maybe use less !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'s next time and actually address what's troubling you and we'll help you.
No kidding.

Using proper punctuation, capitalization, and everything else is easy for you to do, and is a sign of respect to everyone else here, especially the non-english speakers. You respect us, and we will respect you.
danny_california

Someone needs to expalin every nook & cranny of the coding because...1. it sucks
2. i'm lazy
3. i'd rather be doing something else
4. i'm to busy turning my units in the c: files into happy tree friends
5. this computer sucks DONKEY BALLS
6.i'm too lazy to type the rest
Dr. Mary Morrighan

is my babysitter
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Why should we help you if you are not willing to help yourself (=put any effort at all into learning how to code)?
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Stilgar

Post by Stilgar »

danny_california wrote:4. i'm to busy turning my units in the c: files into happy tree friends
lol.

Anyways, study the wiki and/or the default campaign's coding and mess around with it until you get the hang of it.
Gafgarion

Post by Gafgarion »

The Content Creation Wiki should be your first stop. It's an invaluable resource to learn the ins and outs of editing Wesnoth!

Should you have any questions about a subject in the Wiki, use the forum's Search function to find threads about it. If it has to do with WML, someone has probably already covered it in a thread.

If you can't find your answer with Search, post a clear and precise request for help on the forums.
Be polite, and be very clear about what you're asking for help on. Instead of saying "HELP, MY UNIT DOESN'T WORK", say "When I try to load my unit in Wesnoth, I get this error message: <x>. From the looks of the error message, perhaps I didn't write <x> correctly. Here's a code snippet."
Use proper English. Capitals, punctuation (but no excessive "!!!!!!!"s), proper grammar and spelling will all help you get your problem solved quicker. Taking the extra minute to write a nice, clear post will show others that you take their help seriously.
If English is not your first language and you're concerned that your point might not be getting across in English, please feel free to include a copy of your post in your native language. Our forum users are versed in many different languages, and you'll often find someone who can help you!

Good luck!
-Gafgarion
Elvish Pillager wrote:Normal Trolls use clubs, not ostriches.
"Language is the source of misunderstandings." -Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Zhukov
Art Contributor

Post by Zhukov »

danny_california wrote:3. i'd rather be doing something else.
Please do.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

danny_california wrote:Someone needs to expalin every nook & cranny of the coding because...1. it sucks
2. i'm lazy
3. i'd rather be doing something else
4. i'm to busy turning my units in the c: files into happy tree friends
5. this computer sucks DONKEY BALLS
6.i'm too lazy to type the rest
1. Start listening to some good music. Nirvana, Metallica, Oz, Marilyn and stuff. That way, a lot of your surplus energy will be used. Also try focusing more on school/work
2. If it sucks, then maybe do point 3 and leave the forum?
3. Maybe a bit of punctuation and proper sentences instead of gibberish (if you don't know what that means go here
4. Some people really might devote a part of their life for this. If you have no respect for that, please do point 3.
5. Point 3 is actually the most intelligent and meaningful of all the points.
6. If you fell like you are hyper, try punching the walls. That's what I do. Feeling pain means you are still alive, BTW.
7. Find yourself a girlfriend.
8. Change the password to something random, which you don't know. That way, it will be quite long till you turn your computer on again.
9. Forget about Wesnoth.
10. Believe in the principle that God has given some of us less talent than others. Never get jealous (at least not to the point were you start hijacking their threads).
11. Noone here is your servant. Find the stuff you need yourself.
12. If you carry on like this, after some time you'll either notice that people ignore you, or that you are banned.
" 'God save thee, ancient Mariner!
From the fiends, that plague thee thus!--
Why look'st thou so?'--'With my cross-bow
I shot the Albatross.' "
danny_california

1. Start listening to some good music. Nirvana, Metallica, Oz, Marilyn and stuff. That way, a lot of your surplus energy will be used. Also try focusing more on school/work
2. If it sucks, then maybe do point 3 and leave the forum?
3. Maybe a bit of punctuation and proper sentences instead of gibberish (if you don't know what that means go here
4. Some people really might devote a part of their life for this. If you have no respect for that, please do point 3.
5. Point 3 is actually the most intelligent and meaningful of all the points.
6. If you fell like you are hyper, try punching the walls. That's what I do. Feeling pain means you are still alive, BTW.
7. Find yourself a girlfriend.
8. Change the password to something random, which you don't know. That way, it will be quite long till you turn your computer on again.
9. Forget about Wesnoth.
10. Believe in the principle that God has given some of us less talent than others. Never get jealous (at least not to the point were you start hijacking their threads).
11. Noone here is your servant. Find the stuff you need yourself.
12. If you carry on like this, after some time you'll either notice that people ignore you, or that you are banned.

ok mom!!![/quote]
Dr. Mary Morrighan

is my babysitter