Anyone done any cloaked figures by any chance?

Make art for user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Chris NS

Anyone done any cloaked figures by any chance?

Post by Chris NS »

Right. I'm aware of the dangers of asking other people to draw the artwork for custom units in campaigns, so I'll keep this as wide-ranging as possible ...

Has anyone done, or can anyone point me to, evil-looking figures in cloaks? I don't need to to fulfil any exacting requirements, because I am now getting better at cutting and pasting different units together to form new images, but I'll probably need a cloaked figure to start with. Something along the lines of the Dark Adept would be nice, but obviously not the Dark Adept itself because I'm already using that unit.

For anyone who really wants to know what I need it for (in the event that someone wants to draw the custom unit I'm after), I want to do a proper image for the Dark Riders in The Unstoppable Legion, rather than just the the temporary Dragoon images which I'm still using. Something like those cloaked riders in the Lord of the Rings is what I'm after. If you're really enthusiastic, I'd also like the Dark Cultist line to be cloaked as well. (Currently it's derived from the Chaos faction in the Extended Era, but cloaked figures would suit the story better.)

But if you haven't done anything like this, that's OK.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Well, here's a copy of Neo's old Chart o' Sprites. It's possible one of them will fulfill your requirements; some of the undead horsemen to the top right look promising.
Attachments
I didn't draw these. Neo did.
I didn't draw these. Neo did.
neoimages.png (318.78 KiB) Viewed 4471 times
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Ryorin

Post by Ryorin »

You always post neo chart o' sprites turin. (Even though they are awesome none the less).
Neoriceisgood
Art Developer

Post by Neoriceisgood »

I should make another one some day, to pwn this one into infinity.
Signature dropped due to use of img tag
Casual User

Post by Casual User »

There are some cloaked riders in there.

I also have an image you might adapt. Neoriceisgood I ain't, but...
Attachments
Ice_Darkmage.gif
Ice_Darkmage.gif (15.24 KiB) Viewed 4356 times
Chris NS

Post by Chris NS »

Hmm ... the best one I can see here is the rider directly below the mudcrawler. It still looks a bit too undead for my exacting preferences, but it's a definite improvement on the temporary dragoon images. I think I might try putting the rider on a less dead-looking horse and see how that works out.

Thanks for the help.