Make art for user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Thrawn
Moderator Emeritus

campaign portrait art

Post by Thrawn »

This guy is a character in a campaign I'm desperately trying to create. It is also an attempt to "get things right"

The eyebrows are placeholders, but besides that, critique away.

Note: the sleeve looks wrong, but for some reason when I put my arm like that, it is how my sleeve looks :?
Attachments
uther.png
uther.png (21.21 KiB) Viewed 3718 times
...please remember that "IT'S" ALWAYS MEANS "IT IS" and "ITS" IS WHAT YOU USE TO INDICATE POSSESSION BY "IT".--scott

this goes for they're/their/there as well
Zhukov
Art Contributor

Post by Zhukov »

• Regarding the wierd arm: it looks like that because, given the thickness of his arm, he doesn't have quite enough shoulder. My guess at the reason your sleeve looks that way (really?!) is that your arms aren't that thick. Am I right?

• Also, was his hair intended to part at the center? If not, then it looks ok. But if so then it's out of place.

• I think the shoulderblade-to-neck muscles (trapezoids were they called?) are uneven. The one on his left looks too high, considering the perspective. But I'm really not sure on that.
Dragon Master

Post by Dragon Master »

Trapezoids are definately a geometric figure, not as type of mucle.
The biggest problem seems to be that his left shoulder is hanger down far too much compared to his right.
Corwin

Post by Corwin »

I would have his left shoulder pulled back more so it doesn't look like he's slouching so much. I know real people slouch, but they don't have to in a portrait. I think that will also help with the arm problem.
Corwin
wayfarer
Art Contributor

Post by wayfarer »

Well quite good but I would try to emulate the hair a different way not a big area perhaps single wisps looks better but thats just me.

If you try to color it and you've got problems check this out
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/37128797/

Haven't tried it myself but it should be doable.