Art Related Question

Make art for user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
SaintDust

Art Related Question

Post by SaintDust »

Forgive me if this is in the wrong spot but i have a question.
I want to build a custom era and was wondering if i could use someone else unit images. Im asking permission here since many artist frequent these forums.

If you have any art unit images please let me know here so i can download them and work on era.
Hurry up and take your time
Only the dead have seen the end of war
Noyga
Inactive Developer

Post by Noyga »

You can find some in the Graphic Library
SaintDust

Post by SaintDust »

Thanks...This is just what i was looking for...
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

The whole game is GPL - the point of doing that is so that you don't have to ask. We're "free as in beer" - e.g, it costs $0 to play wesnoth.

But we're also "free as in speech" - meaning, so long as you preserve this freedom for other people, and make sure they know they're free to do the same*, you can do whatever the hell you want with wesnoth. Yes, this includes selling it.

So, yes, you are free to use any images from wesnoth, just don't claim you don't claim that you "own" them, and if you use them for something other than wesnoth, make sure other people know they're from wesnoth.

* which means, including the license which says "it's free for any use", and if you were, say, selling it, including the source code.
SaintDust

Post by SaintDust »

Ahh...Okay....Cuase i downloaded some really nice art images on the campaign server and wanted to use them. I think they where from the imperial age