Northern Rebirth and SotBE Portriats Needing Color

Make art for user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Taurus
Inactive Developer

Post by Taurus »

Just thought I should add this one to the collection. Thanks to Thrawn for getting her covered up proporally.
Attachments
cart2_edit_193.png
cart2_edit_193.png (42.34 KiB) Viewed 4937 times
Creater of the campaign, "Northern Rebirth"

Compleater of the campaign, "Son of the Black Eye"
vonHalenbach
Translator

Post by vonHalenbach »

I am trying to colorise the Lich Ro Arthian. I think he is the easiest to do and a good point to start. 8)
vonHalenbach
Translator

lich

Post by vonHalenbach »

Before i try to shade it, i'd like to hear anyones opinions about the colors.
Attachments
Just the plain colors.
Just the plain colors.
Jenvan.png (44.42 KiB) Viewed 3579 times
YaymeQ

Post by YaymeQ »

Are there any predefined colors for tallin? I haven't played that campaign yet.
vonHalenbach
Translator

Post by vonHalenbach »

YaymeQ wrote:Are there any predefined colors for tallin? I haven't played that campaign yet.

Yes, there are. Tallin is already colorised, if you like you can colorise Tallin-angry.
vonHalenbach
Translator

Ro arthian

Post by vonHalenbach »

Here is my first shot at shading Ro arthian. I think, that the staff and his clothes needs more texture. It looks too plain and clean.

Your critics are welcome.

Until now, i had done it only with inkscape. That means, i have a SVG of it, if someone else wants to fiddle with it.

Deleted the picture here.
Last edited by vonHalenbach on August 3rd, 2007, 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sgt. Groovy
Art Contributor

Post by Sgt. Groovy »

I think the symbol in the forehead is too saturated, and too bright. The eyes could be slightly toward yellow (to make them "fiery") and "deeper" (maybe decreasing lightness just a little bit).

The brightness of the gem in the staff is good, but the pink-magenta is too "cute", maybe rather a cold violet.
Tiedäthän kuinka pelataan.
Tiedäthän, vihtahousua vastaan.
Tiedäthän, solmu kravatin, se kantaa niin synnit
kuin syntien tekijätkin.
Sgt. Groovy
Art Contributor

Post by Sgt. Groovy »

Whoops, we cross-posted, never mind.
Tiedäthän kuinka pelataan.
Tiedäthän, vihtahousua vastaan.
Tiedäthän, solmu kravatin, se kantaa niin synnit
kuin syntien tekijätkin.
vonHalenbach
Translator

Post by vonHalenbach »

Okay, i tried your suggestions. Desaturated the gem on his head, made the eyes a bit more fiery and gave him the staff with the blue bulb this time. :D

EDITed
Attachments
purple version OLD
purple version OLD
roarthian.png (30.72 KiB) Viewed 3509 times
Last edited by vonHalenbach on August 3rd, 2007, 9:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

His left elbow looks seriously screwed up to me (is his arm broken, or does he just have no bones there?) but that's probably more due to the line-art than the shading.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
YaymeQ

Post by YaymeQ »

vonHalenbach wrote:Yes, there are. Tallin is already colorised, if you like you can colorise Tallin-angry.
Actually it's not that I specifically wanted to do tallin I just picked one of the pictures posted here. I'd rather colorise someone who doesn't have a good portait yet. Any suggestions? :)
vonHalenbach
Translator

Post by vonHalenbach »

YaymeQ wrote:
vonHalenbach wrote:Yes, there are. Tallin is already colorised, if you like you can colorise Tallin-angry.
Actually it's not that I specifically wanted to do tallin I just picked one of the pictures posted here. I'd rather colorise someone who doesn't have a good portait yet. Any suggestions? :)
You can try Sisal. She is the black and white on this side above, or Hidel, or Rakshas. You can find them one side before.
vonHalenbach
Translator

Post by vonHalenbach »

turin wrote:His left elbow looks seriously screwed up to me (is his arm broken, or does he just have no bones there?) but that's probably more due to the line-art than the shading.
I have made the decision to not change anything at the line art. I just wanted to give them a bit of color, so that they won't stand out so disturbingly as BW.

I had fixed the arm of sisal, just to hear that my corrected picture won't be used. If you like, you can try to make them better.
BloodIssyl

Post by BloodIssyl »

looks awesome, the only thing that bothers me is that the shading on the "mouth" part of the head cloth thing seems too dark for me, almost as if there was a gaping hole in the fabric there.
Taurus
Inactive Developer

Post by Taurus »

He's looking good VonHalenbach. Your art has improved a lot recently. Feel free to commit him when you are satisfied :-)

YaymeQ: I think Rakshas or Sister Theta would be a good place to start. They are rather major characters, and as of yet they are still in black and white...
Creater of the campaign, "Northern Rebirth"

Compleater of the campaign, "Son of the Black Eye"