Howdy! (Kyamanan Concept)

Make art for user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Neonlare

Howdy! (Kyamanan Concept)

Post by Neonlare »

Howdy, I've recently downloaded Wesnoth and I was impressed by it, I also really love the idea that it's highly customizable, and that you can submit your graphics and other resources for other people to look at and use.

I've been mucking around with some graphics of what could-be units for a race I've devised, called the Kyamanans...

It's all zipped here, I've only got one unit done (with all states and levels) so far, but I want to know if what I'm doing is alright with you guys...

http://www.savefile.com/files/74118

Thanks for reading!
rooster600500

Post by rooster600500 »

yeak its okay for your first attempt but the sword contrail things arnt very good
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

It's always ok to work on whatever kind of campaign/race/era/etc you want to (excluding clearly "inappropriate" ones), if that's what you're asking. If you're asking for comments on your units themselves...

Well, they're visibly edits of the human mage. They're not good enough that it would get in mainline (if we'd be adding such a unit in the first place, which we most likely wouldn't) - you probably don't mean these for mainline, but I'll just use that as a comparison. If these are your first, then yes, they're an ok first step to doing unit graphics (everyone starts by making edits, I think). However, you should know that in order to get good enough to be able to do mainline-quality stuff you'll need to spend a lot of time practising and face a lot of (sometimes harsh) criticism here on the forums (and always remember that criticism is for you to get better). It's clearly visible that you're a beginner, but you can get a whole lot better in time if you have the patience and interest.

Of course, for your own race/campaign/whatever you don't need to please anyone else. Try out your units in the game and if they look good to you in-game, then they're probably good enough for your race.

Technical stuff: your images have no transparency. Get a graphics program that can handle transparency properly right away - you can't really do Wesnoth stuff without one.
Neonlare

Post by Neonlare »

Ok, thanks for the info, I've worked with sprites before and I was just getting used to the style, now I'm Ok :D.
halleck

Post by halleck »

rooster600500 wrote:yeak its okay for your first attempt but the sword contrail things arnt very good
Constructive criticism only. :roll:
Screw it... I can go without a sig.