Gale

My art need critics

Post by Gale »

i have some unit, please give critcism and suggestion for their name
Attachments
some fighter
some fighter
unit tree.png (6.22 KiB) Viewed 7270 times
alternate for the lv3 which is better? the 2nd's sword need more improvement, please help with it.
alternate for the lv3 which is better? the 2nd's sword need more improvement, please help with it.
alternate.png (6.69 KiB) Viewed 7278 times
Last edited by Gale on April 29th, 2006, 2:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
toms

Post by toms »

They look quite cool, even if the blades are very overdone. I like the guy with the simple dagger the best, of this reason.
First read, then think. Read again, think again. And then post!
Alks

Post by Alks »

Agree with previous. Apart from overdone blades they look very well.
Dragon Master

Post by Dragon Master »

very well done. If I'm getting it right, your trying to decide what weapon his lvl 3 uses? I'd have to say the one you have in the unit tree attatchment is the best. names? uhh, Poacher--->Tracker---->Deepwood Hunter. those good?
Alks

Post by Alks »

Maybe I'll give my own. Poacher is in default units, was it a Knalgan Poacher, it would be ok.

Hunter - Wood Squire - Wood Knight?

I see them more regal and the forest-like at the same time.
Redeth
Art Contributor

Post by Redeth »

Alks wrote:Maybe I'll give my own. Poacher is in default units, was it a Knalgan Poacher, it would be ok.

Hunter - Wood Squire - Wood Knight?

I see them more regal and the forest-like at the same time.
Forest-like yes, but I don't see him as a knight at all... He looks more like an explorer, an adventurer or a treasure hunter to me.

But hey it's your unit so it could be mario bros. in disguise if you say so :)
- Rojo Capo Rey de Copas -
scott

Post by scott »

I thought the top right was holding a music instrument.

Bard
Gallant
Adventurer
Retainer
Squire
Noble
Manor Lord
Gentleman
Statesman (though it might sound better in French... Homme d'etat?)

Some nautical names would also fit, and we don't really have any human nautical units. Madru in Saving Elensefar is technically one, but he doesn't look nautical at all.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
Fynmiir

Post by Fynmiir »

The art is pretty neat, but the difference in sword type from the lvl.2 -lvl.3 is pretty big.

Name ideas:

I like scott's "bard" so I'll go from there

Traveler->Ministral->Warrior Bard
Gale

Post by Gale »

a bard?? i plan to make one but that unit(up there) are not planned to be a bard, and whats wrong with overdoned weapon :? here's simple edit for a bard
Attachments
the bard lol
the bard lol
bard-beta.png (3.1 KiB) Viewed 7178 times
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Gale wrote:and whats wrong with overdoned weapon :?
Well, it tends to look pretty silly when a unit wields a weapon that he couldn't possibly even pick up. ;)

The only units here that looks even somewhat realistic are the level 1 and level 2... the level 2's pushing it.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Stilgar

Post by Stilgar »

The one on the left in the top row is definitely out if you ask me. That thing doesn't look remotely usable, I would think if you could wield it at all you'd have as good a chance of killing yourself with it as killing anyone else.
Top row center doesn't look too good either, I'd only use it if he's getting a magic attack and that's some sort of etherial blade that's weightless. Even in that case it's awfully big and needs some graphical improvement as you said.
Top row right and the bottom row look decent to me. I can't really tell what the thing the two on the right are holding though, is it some sort of weird sword, or is it a club, or something else entirely (someone mentioned it looks like a musical instrument, I can see it that way too)? The man looks just fine as far as I can tell, though I'm pretty sure he's based on the Rogue graphic, not that it's a bad thing.
Gale

bing

Post by Gale »

now i know what is the reason of overdoned weapon... it's my fantasy :lol:

ok, Stilgar your criticism is right
maybe the left is not useable cause of his weapon
the center have magical weapon(it's need more improvement) so you can say its lightweight, longrange wave attack, wind speed slicing,and bla bla bla..
the third is very unuseable, that thing is a silly edit of scimitar(it's really awful :x ) its not an instrument(instrument?i can't see the shape of instrument) or mace, its a round sword :P
and i need suggestion for this unit
Attachments
which is better, bandit or tracker?
which is better, bandit or tracker?
bandit-tracker.png (2.6 KiB) Viewed 7155 times
this is the sword, silly?
this is the sword, silly?
Wide-sword(AwfulSword).png (934 Bytes) Viewed 7147 times
toms

Post by toms »

IMO Tracker is a better name, also because a unit named "Bandit" already exists.
First read, then think. Read again, think again. And then post!
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

There's also a unit already called "tracker", IIRC... at least, there is one is several UMFs. (user-made factions).
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Sapient
Inactive Developer

Post by Sapient »

He would make a cool L3 bard. From the original post, I'd take the sword from the bottom-right version, and the "instrument" from the top-right version. All you need to add after that is a stringed handle extending down past his grip.
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/User:Sapient... "Looks like your skills saved us again. Uh, well at least, they saved Soarin's apple pie."