Make art for user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Jester

Vampires; Art

Post by Jester »

Well, new faction, new art.

Here are the Duelist (lvl2 fighter) and his advancement the Sword Dancer.
Comment please :)
Attachments
Vamp_Duellist.png
Vamp_Duellist.png (15.24 KiB) Viewed 7816 times
Vamp_SwordDancer.png
Vamp_SwordDancer.png (15.24 KiB) Viewed 7817 times
I heard they were stoned out of their minds, trying to convince the Statue of Liberty to get naked...

CCBS - Compulsive Cat Biting Syndrome, when you know that kittens shouldn't have heads attached to their bodies.
SmokemJags

Post by SmokemJags »

his advancement
They look female to me.

For appearing to be bottom half duelist top half vampire lady, it actually looks surprisingly good.
Sword Dancer's pose looks awkward though. Looks more like a defensive pose or the first frame in an attack animation.
"A wise man speaks when he has something to say. A fool speaks when he has to say something."
Alks

Post by Alks »

Lower their neck a bit. They look too female indeed. However, They do have Wesnotish taste - I like their clothings. I was afraid of some Draculas or so, and we have nice-looking vampiric fighters.
Jester

Post by Jester »

Lowered the necks, Sword Dancer holds his sword differently, chins are more squarish now, hope that improves masculinity.

I don't want to make them to masculine, aiming for a more androgynous look. This because I want to have a bit of Anne Rice influence in the faction. Rice's vampires are beautifull (and often androgynous) creatures.

EDIT: forgot to attach the images
Attachments
Vamp_Duellist.png
Vamp_Duellist.png (15.24 KiB) Viewed 7680 times
Vamp_SwordDancer.png
Vamp_SwordDancer.png (15.24 KiB) Viewed 7680 times
I heard they were stoned out of their minds, trying to convince the Statue of Liberty to get naked...

CCBS - Compulsive Cat Biting Syndrome, when you know that kittens shouldn't have heads attached to their bodies.
TheLost1

Post by TheLost1 »

the masculinity issues are more in the cleavage you seem to have added than the chins.
The dragons are all colour-coded,
Some consider this system outmoded.
This was not preordained
Gary Gygax explained,
"My box of Crayolas exploded."
Jester

Post by Jester »

My very first sprite done entirely from scratch by... me :)
The Blood Aprentice, level 1 mage.

Please comment... harsh is possible.
Attachments
Vamp_BloodApprentice.png
Vamp_BloodApprentice.png (15.24 KiB) Viewed 7641 times

turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Looks pretty good. It's hard to judge against the pink bg, though. Any reason for the pink?
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Jester

Post by Jester »

turin wrote:Looks pretty good. It's hard to judge against the pink bg, though. Any reason for the pink?
Actually yes, on my first attempts of sprite art and transparency I kept missing these tiny white spots. And so I redid those sprites with pink background and the pink stuck eversince.
I can remove it if you like :)

Darth Fool
Retired Developer

Post by Darth Fool »

I always prefer to present sprite images on grass. It gives a good feel for what it looks like in game.
Disto

Post by Disto »

But Pink is very useful, I've started using it too, mainly because it makes a good contrast unlike the blue of the forums, but I alway's keep it in a .xcf file so I can quite happily remove the pink later.
Creator of A Seed of Evil
Creator of the Marauders
Food or Wesnoth? I'll have Wesnoth
Thrawn
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Thrawn »

your apprentice looks far better than your original hacks...good work

I'd redo completely the heads on the previous vampires, becasue they seem to be mutilated vampire lady heads, attached to VL necks, and thus the feminist flair to them--give them their own head, and raise the shirt neck a bit (I'd offer to help edit your pictures, but then I'd be doing even more work... :) )
...please remember that "IT'S" ALWAYS MEANS "IT IS" and "ITS" IS WHAT YOU USE TO INDICATE POSSESSION BY "IT".--scott

this goes for they're/their/there as well
Jester

Post by Jester »

Jester wrote:
Thrawn wrote:your apprentice looks far better than your original hacks...good work

I'd redo completely the heads on the previous vampires, becasue they seem to be mutilated vampire lady heads, attached to VL necks, and thus the feminist flair to them--give them their own head, and raise the shirt neck a bit (I'd offer to help edit your pictures, but then I'd be doing even more work... :) )
Well, the onnly thing I used of the vampire lafy waas the faeer and theskin collor, nottinhree elise... funk... sry
I'm sorry ignore that, what I meant to say was:

The only thing I used from the vampire lady is the lower part of the face and the skin color.

Jester

Post by Jester »

Advancement from the Fledgling (lvl 1 fighter) and the Blood Aprentice (lvl 1 mage): the Flesh Manipulator, a fighter-mage lvl 2, inspred on WW Tzimisce.

EDIT I: right arm was to short.
EDIT II: Second advancement from the Blood Apprentice, the Blood Manipulator (lvl 2 mage)
EDIT III: Oop, I mean Flesh Artisan, not Flesh Manipulator... silly me...
Attachments
Vamp_FleshArtisan.png
Vamp_FleshArtisan.png (15.24 KiB) Viewed 7327 times
Vamp_BloodManipulator.png
Vamp_BloodManipulator.png (15.24 KiB) Viewed 7345 times

JW

Post by JW »

Flesh artisan rules.
Flametrooper

Post by Flametrooper »

The little speckles on the blood manipulator's shirt make him appear to be wearing a strawberry :P
hey.