Vampires; Art

Make art for user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Jester

Post by Jester »

Well, they are not Vampires, they're halfblood sevants of the Vampires... I fail to see the resemblance to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles though...

Teenage mutant ninja turtles / Teenage mutant ninja turtles / Heroes in a hard shell
I heard they were stoned out of their minds, trying to convince the Statue of Liberty to get naked...

CCBS - Compulsive Cat Biting Syndrome, when you know that kittens shouldn't have heads attached to their bodies.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Redeth wrote:Weird... I fail to see any resemblance to a vampire in these sprites... instead they keep reminding me of the teenage mutant ninja turtles. Oh well, never mind that, it's probably just me :(
No, me too... it has something to do with the color and shape of his chest muscles...
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

I'll say the head bandana is the killer feature for the similarity.

You know, as servants of Vampires... i would expect them to wear more striking colors. One of them needs some crimson vest, i think.

EDIT: I was merely proposing a theory for the similarity, be aware that i, personally, don't see a TMNT. But i do see a weridly beefed up guy, for Vampire servants i would expect an athlete, not a weightlifter.
Last edited by Cuyo Quiz on August 26th, 2006, 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cuyo Quiz,where madness meets me :D
Turn on, tune in, fall out.
"I know that, but every single person nags about how negative turin is; it should be in the FPI thread "Turin should give positive comments" =)"-Neorice,23 Sep 2004
Temuchin Khan

Post by Temuchin Khan »

I beg to differ. If any muscular guy wearing a headband reminds you of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, then you've probably been watching too much Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

I think the point is that he DOESN'T look muscular - he looks like he's wearing a muscle suit (like the TMNTs did in the movies). Big difference.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
The World of Orbivm
Jester

Post by Jester »

Hm, I'll see what I can do about the archers...

But now: lvl4 Leadership unit the Methusalem.
Attachments
Vamp_Methusalem.png
Vamp_Methusalem.png (15.24 KiB) Viewed 5194 times
Vamp_NobleLine.png
Vamp_NobleLine.png (48.99 KiB) Viewed 5194 times
I heard they were stoned out of their minds, trying to convince the Statue of Liberty to get naked...

CCBS - Compulsive Cat Biting Syndrome, when you know that kittens shouldn't have heads attached to their bodies.
Flametrooper

Post by Flametrooper »

What a big sword. :shock:
Looks nice though.
hey.
Jester

Post by Jester »

Flametrooper wrote:What a big sword. :shock:
I was going for that reaction :wink:

turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

I could comment better, I think, if the level 3 was facing right, like the level 1 and 2 are.
The World of Orbivm
JW

Post by JW »

Oh snap...that dude is tight.

:downloads:

-turin: you can dl the image and flip it in an image editor. Here, I'll do it and time it...

...it took 17 seconds.
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

JW wrote:
turin wrote:I could comment better, I think, if the level 3 was facing right, like the level 1 and 2 are.
(stuff)

Yeah, in a case like this, you, the viewer, need to give. If nothing else, being able to properly visualize what something would look like mirrored is a very useful skill to develop as an artist, if you don't naturally have it (which a lot of people do, to one degree or another).

The #1 thing that makes this a silly request is that that's such a trivial hindrance; like refusing to paint a wall because there are a few nails in it (the solution of any professional is to just pull the nails himself; it takes all of a moment).

Jetryl's C&C: Looks nice. I'd have given most of the art in this thread a middling grade (decent construction, but rather frail, stilted posing). These, however, get a good B+ or so.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

It would be my job to do it if I had a responsibility to comment; but I don't. ;) (And I'm not saying I couldn't visualize it flipped, b/c I can; but it is better to have it flipped for a number of other reasons as well...)
The World of Orbivm
JW

Post by JW »

turin wrote:It would be my job to do it if I had a responsibility to comment; but I don't. ;) (And I'm not saying I couldn't visualize it flipped, b/c I can; but it is better to have it flipped for a number of other reasons as well...)
It's just such a silly thing to say though:

'I won't comment on this because it's not flipped.' (paraphrase)

Well, that's a comment. You put at least 17 seconds of effort into it I'm sure; so.......
Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

I guess this is the time of a thread when i enter and say in a downplayed manner "OH GAWDS CAN YOU JUST CUT IT OUT NOW!?"...

And then make a thread-related commentary...

So... Jester, it seems your factions are near to practically done. Any word on unit descriptions and general final background?.
Cuyo Quiz,where madness meets me :D
Turn on, tune in, fall out.
"I know that, but every single person nags about how negative turin is; it should be in the FPI thread "Turin should give positive comments" =)"-Neorice,23 Sep 2004
JW

Post by JW »

Cuyo Quiz wrote:So... Jester, it seems your factions are near to practically done. Any word on unit descriptions and general final background?.
The Vamps history will remain a secret for a while, but unit descriptions would be cool.