A question

The place to post your WML questions and answers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
  • Please use [code] BBCode tags in your posts for embedding WML snippets.
  • To keep your code readable so that others can easily help you, make sure to indent it following our conventions.
jg

A question

Post by jg »

Hi, I am currently working on my first campaign, and I have a question (what a surprise): Is it possible to let one unit move, without using the 'fake_move' (or however it is called) command?

Is there something like 'leader_goal', just that the unit is not a leader? I tried using goto_x and goto_y, but that teleported (:?) that unit somewhere totally different than I wanted it to go. Oh, and I don't want it to teleport.

Thanks in advance!
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Re: A question

Post by zookeeper »

niceman wrote:Is it possible to let one unit move, without using the 'fake_move' (or however it is called) command?
I don't understand the question, "is it possible to let one unit move"?
jg

Post by jg »

Let me explain(I didn't do it so well :oops:): let a unit have a goal, a ai controlled unit, to get somewhere on the map. Like 'leader_goal', in case you have used/seen it, but not for a leader.
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

Unfortunately, that isn't possible in currently released versions. However, a fix to allow AI units to be given a target with goto_x and goto_y is now in SVN, and should therefore be usable in the next release.