[portrait] What on earth is this?

The place to post your WML questions and answers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
  • Please use [code] BBCode tags in your posts for embedding WML snippets.
  • To keep your code readable so that others can easily help you, make sure to indent it following our conventions.
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

[portrait] What on earth is this?

Post by Atreides »

I can't find any info on this. I counted a few hundred in my installed add-ons and am really curious what this is. Or most likely was. From what little I could learn it seems to be intended for the same purpose as the profile= key. When tested on a unit with profile= disabled [portrait] did not display anything on a dialogue box like profile does. Does it actually still do something?
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Re: [portrait] What on earth is this?

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

Atreides wrote: April 17th, 2021, 5:03 am I can't find any info on this. I counted a few hundred in my installed add-ons and am really curious what this is. Or most likely was. From what little I could learn it seems to be intended for the same purpose as the profile= key. When tested on a unit with profile= disabled [portrait] did not display anything on a dialogue box like profile does. Does it actually still do something?
AFAIK, the [portrait] tag does not do anything. Removed/obsolete code maybe.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

As far as I remember it was used to set some properties like "always on the right" in case of a few select units, and things like that. These seem to be done by IPF now, probably that's why the tag got deprecated somewhere.
Main UMC campaigns: The Ravagers - now for 1.16, with new bugs!
Old UMC works: The Underness Series, consisting of 5 parts: The Desolation of Karlag, The Blind Sentinel, The Stone of the North, The Invasion Of The Western Cavalry, Fingerbone of Destiny
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

Update: found this on the forums from 2017 by Iris
[portrait] tags (which are gone in 1.13.x and were never intended to be used by the general public in the first place)
I guess it is safe to remove them from 1.14 add-ons then.