Ability Sleep & Stun

The place to post your WML questions and answers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
  • Please use [code] BBCode tags in your posts for embedding WML snippets.
  • To keep your code readable so that others can easily help you, make sure to indent it following our conventions.
Acho161293

Ability Sleep & Stun

Post by Acho161293 »

Please help.. how to create.. . Spell or weapon special sleep and stunning ability . and change petrify ability unit code . so that it can be beaten
octalot
General Code Maintainer

Re: Ability Sleep & Stun

Post by octalot »

In Era of Magic (included in Ageless Era) there's a "Sculpts" ability which is a version of petrify that wears off after a few turns.

Can you describe in detail what "sleep" and "stun" should do?

Example 1:
  • This attack hits so hard that the opponent is dazed and can no longer enforce a zone of control. The effect wears off on the opponent’s next turn.
This is the "stun" ability of Dead Water's Merman Brawlers.

Example 2:
  • This unit can neither move nor attack until it is woken up.
  • It will wake up automatically at the end of its side's next turn.
  • If attacked, it wakes up and fights normally.
Example 3 is somewhat overpowered:
  • Until the end of its side's next turn, attacks on it have 100% chance to hit, and it does not counterattack.
Example 4 is more complex to implement, but a bit more balanced:
  • If attacked, instead of normal combat rules the attacker automatically hits exactly once (1 strike damage, and triggering abilities such as drain) and the unit wakes without being able to counterattack. The attacker loses all movement points but can still attack again on the same turn, as if it had moved in to a ZoC without attacking.
Ooh, got a bit carried away with the examples there .... :whistle:
Acho161293

Post by Acho161293 »

yes, the fourth example is in my opinion good, besides that I also want to make the ability of petrification, where when the unit becomes stone or stunned, we can still hit it. while the ability of petrify or sculpting skills in the era of magic cannot be hit.

as well as making abilities so that the unit freezes. but can still be hit

how to make skill freeze, sleep, stuned by electricity ,.

tehehehe ... plz help .. I'm still a beginner and need help writing out the coding
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

Moved to the WML Workshop.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
Acho161293

Post by Acho161293 »

I am currently creating a campaign.
oh, and how do I upload a campaign that I made to the Wesnes website or server so everyone can play it? the campaign that I created is very interesting because of the images, terrain, map, and so on. I take the example of the era of magic and to land unknown
lhybrideur

Post by lhybrideur »

For the upload of the campaign it is explained here : https://wiki.wesnoth.org/Distributing_content
MoonyDragon

Post by MoonyDragon »

If you want to learn the basic workings of a campaign, you can do so on an example made for exactly this purpose.
The add-on "WML Guide" by beetlenaut provides a campaign skeleton (a campaign stripped to the bare minimum) with explanatory comments in the code.
At least that's how I learned the basics (though I used "Forward They Cried" instead of "WML Guide")
Default L0 Era - Level 1 leaders with level 0 recruits!
Acho161293

Post by Acho161293 »

I have long made my own campaign and era ... it's just that, I do not know how to make my campaign on the addon server and can be downloaded by other players.

I have 2 campaigns
and one era of self-made .. I made it since 2011 yesterday, and until now I haven't uploaded it, because I don't understand how,

I am Indonesian . sorry if my language is wrong and not understood ..
Acho161293

Post by Acho161293 »

and whether I get paid by Wesnoth if I create a campaign and upload it to the server :D
MoonyDragon

Post by MoonyDragon »

In short, you need to include a _server.pbl file into the folder containing your add-on (e.g. "add-ons/My_Awesome_Era/"). You will find all the required keys and more information here, Simply use this skeleton file and fill in the necessary keys:
_server.pbl
(136 Bytes) Downloaded 243 times
If you have done this, use the wesnoth client to connect to the add-ons server and your add-on will appear on the list. Find it and press the "publish"-button.
Default L0 Era - Level 1 leaders with level 0 recruits!
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

Acho161293 wrote: February 8th, 2020, 9:33 am and whether I get paid by Wesnoth if I create a campaign and upload it to the server :D
There is no money involved in Wesnoth's add-ons, short of you setting up your own patreon or something like that.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
Acho161293

Post by Acho161293 »

MoonyDragon wrote: February 8th, 2020, 12:52 pm In short, you need to include a _server.pbl file into the folder containing your add-on (e.g. "add-ons/My_Awesome_Era/"). You will find all the required keys and more information here, Simply use this skeleton file and fill in the necessary keys:
_server.pbl
If you have done this, use the wesnoth client to connect to the add-ons server and your add-on will appear on the list. Find it and press the "publish"-button.
Oh,Thank you very much. I will do it..