[Solved] Scenario end with victory turn 1

The place to post your WML questions and answers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
  • Please use [code] BBCode tags in your posts for embedding WML snippets.
  • To keep your code readable so that others can easily help you, make sure to indent it following our conventions.
Vilebeggar

[Solved] Scenario end with victory turn 1

Post by Vilebeggar »

So i want to make a scenario with no opposed sides, all the sides are allies and i want to be able to play multiple turns without ending the scenario. However i always get a victory screen no matter what i do. Also i don't want to include hidden opposing sides because i want the units on the map to not move.
Last edited by Vilebeggar on October 12th, 2019, 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Competitive Wesnoth. For the fans by the fans.
Tad_Carlucci
Inactive Developer

Re: Scenario end with victory turn 1

Post by Tad_Carlucci »

I'd use a hidden opponent and if there are units I don't want moving, I set their movement to zero. There might be an AI for that, I've not looked. Or you could use an object which you could remove later if you need to.
I forked real life and now I'm getting merge conflicts.
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

Vilebeggar wrote: October 11th, 2019, 12:06 pm So i want to make a scenario with no opposed sides, all the sides are allies and i want to be able to play multiple turns without ending the scenario. However i always get a victory screen no matter what i do.
just use victory_when_enemies_defeated=no in [scenario] should work.
Vilebeggar wrote: October 11th, 2019, 12:06 pm Also i don't want to include hidden opposing sides because i want the units on the map to not move.
hidden sides, don't make the enemy move, you don't even have to give your hidden enemy side any units.
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
Vilebeggar

Post by Vilebeggar »

Ty :eng:
Vilebeggar

Post by Vilebeggar »

Also the ai seems a bit quircy when it comes to multiple keeps as in one map i had about 8 keeps surrounded by castles and 3 allied sides. Now what they would do was recruit units then leave their keep and stay on castle terrain then come back to recruit not on the original keep they were spawned on. Id like to make them stay in place but not by reducing their movement
as i wat them to strike the enemy if they get too close.