How to turn off auto-parantheses in [difficulty]label

The place to post your WML questions and answers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
  • Please use [code] BBCode tags in your posts for embedding WML snippets.
  • To keep your code readable so that others can easily help you, make sure to indent it following our conventions.
Celtic_Minstrel
Developer

Re: How to turn off auto-parantheses in [difficulty]label

Post by Celtic_Minstrel »

Whoever implemented the load game screen probably didn't even think about the possibility of old markup, and I'd argue there's kind of a good reason for that - unlike in the difficulty selection screen, the parentheses are used here to set the text apart from the main difficulty label. I'd argue that it should be left this way even if you do specify auto_markup in 1.15, though specifying it should at least prevent any auto-styling of that text.
Author of The Black Cross of Aleron campaign and Default++ era.
Former maintainer of Steelhive.
josteph
Inactive Developer

Post by josteph »

I'm not sure I understand the question. What's wrong in the way the difficulty is shown in the screenshot? We can't simply omit the parentheses, we must keep some separate between "Warchief" and "Hard" otherwise "Warchief Hard" would look like a single phrase, which would be misleading/wrong.

In 1.15 markup inside the difficulty description is shown in the "Load Game" dialog. The font size and parentheses in the Load Game dialog are unaffected by auto_markup. Is that good?
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

Sorry, I may have rushed my judgement here - of course "Warchief" must be separated from "Hard". For some reason I thought... that it would still be separated somehow (by something other than a space) even without the parentheses. I don't know why thought that :D My mistake, sorry.
Main UMC campaigns: The Ravagers - now for 1.16, with new bugs!
Old UMC works: The Underness Series, consisting of 5 parts: The Desolation of Karlag, The Blind Sentinel, The Stone of the North, The Invasion Of The Western Cavalry, Fingerbone of Destiny