Need Help with WML Tutorial

The place to post your WML questions and answers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
  • Please use [code] BBCode tags in your posts for embedding WML snippets.
  • To keep your code readable so that others can easily help you, make sure to indent it following our conventions.
Cookedpoo

Need Help with WML Tutorial

Post by Cookedpoo »

I want to create content with this game, along with trying to learn how to write code, so I started with the WML tutorial for complete beginners. Everything has made sense so far, but I'm stuck on the end of chapter 5, where it tells you to play/test the campaign that was created. I can't seem to find my campaign, and I think I've done everything right so far. Where is the user-made campaign located in-game?
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Re: Need Help with WML Tutorial

Post by Ravana »

Same place as all other (either single/multi) player campaings. I guess you did not put it to userdata https://wiki.wesnoth.org/EditingWesnoth ... _directory
josteph
Inactive Developer

Post by josteph »

To be clear, you need to put your campaign in the same directory as add-on campaigns (downloaded in-game from the title menu), not in the same directory as campaigns shipped with wesnoth itself (Heir to the Throne and others). See Ravana's link.

When you do it correctly, your campaign will be show up in "Campaigns" dialog in the title menu (at the end of the list, if you set the rank correctly).
Cookedpoo

Post by Cookedpoo »

Thanks for the help, I managed to fix it and got the campaign done.
Vilebeggar

Post by Vilebeggar »

Ive faced multiple problems with the tutorial to. But my advice is taking a vanilla scenario, copying the codes by hand and making little changes here and there until you learn.
Competitive Wesnoth. For the fans by the fans.