Debugging: Where exactly is logging information provided?

The place to post your WML questions and answers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
  • Please use [code] BBCode tags in your posts for embedding WML snippets.
  • To keep your code readable so that others can easily help you, make sure to indent it following our conventions.
dracut

Debugging: Where exactly is logging information provided?

Post by dracut »

Would like to know where logging information is output so as I can properly debug my scenario.cfg file.
All I get from the command line is "error general: Failed to load the scenario". Has anyone released some
sort of WML linter?

This is my first campaign/scenario and would love any insights into the dev workflow here. I've read one of
the pinned topics and one of the suggested methods of debugging is trial and error, deleting half the code
and refreshing the scenario within Wesnoth to find the problem segment. I'm hoping this isn't as good as it gets when it comes to debugging WML.

Any help would be appreciated!
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Re: Debugging: Where exactly is logging information provided?

Post by Pentarctagon »

You can check this thread, as well as perhaps changing values in Preferences > Advanced > Logging. For finding the logs, see this thread.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
dracut

Re: Debugging: Where exactly is logging information provided?

Post by dracut »

Thanks again for the quick reply pentarctagon! That answers my question about logging. I suppose I'll open up another thread regarding debugging methods with WML, and mark this solved.