Saving recall list for others scenarios?

The place to post your WML questions and answers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
  • Please use [code] BBCode tags in your posts for embedding WML snippets.
  • To keep your code readable so that others can easily help you, make sure to indent it following our conventions.
kullboys

Saving recall list for others scenarios?

Post by kullboys »

Hello everyone!

I'm trying to create my own campaign. I'm Spanish so sorry if I don't explain myself correctly.

My doubt is:

During the campain, I made a scenario in which the player plays with "the bad guys", like a flashback. My doubt is about the recall list. The player will play as "the good guys" the next scenarios, so I don't know if the recall list of the last scenario played as "the good guys" will be saved though it had been a scenario in between. I'm trying coding both scenarios with differents team names, with the idea of avoiding both recall list mix themselves or something, but I don't know if it will work and I wouldn't like coding the whole scenario for nothing, so I ask if anyone has already try it and how it can be done.

Also, if all above is correct, do I have to write some code to specify the recall list I want is last good guys scenario's?

Thank you very much!
Tad_Carlucci
Inactive Developer

Re: Saving recall list for others scenarios?

Post by Tad_Carlucci »

Use one large recall list which has both. Then read up on [filter_recall].

In one campaign I had two (or was it three) leaders which shifted on and off stage, and were possibly all on-stage at once. The original code was pull in all important units and save then in a variable, then replace the recall list with units from another variable. Took forever, error ridden, and wasteful. I added a variable to the units marking who recruited them, then filtered by leader so each only showed its own past recruits.
I forked real life and now I'm getting merge conflicts.
beetlenaut
Developer

Re: Saving recall list for others scenarios?

Post by beetlenaut »

Tad_Carlucci wrote: August 23rd, 2018, 2:22 pm Use one large recall list which has both. Then read up on [filter_recall].
Legend of Wesmere uses this method. You can see the important code in utils/characters.cfg.
Campaigns: Dead Water,
The Founding of Borstep,
Secrets of the Ancients,
and WML Guide