Creating full-screen cutscenes

The place to post your WML questions and answers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
  • Please use [code] BBCode tags in your posts for embedding WML snippets.
  • To keep your code readable so that others can easily help you, make sure to indent it following our conventions.
ResExsention

Creating full-screen cutscenes

Post by ResExsention »

Hi again.

So. What I'm trying to get at in this post is creating those cool title cutscenes sort of like what's in Genesis and To Lands Unknown. Something like the "The End" page but with custom text and displayed at the start of the first scenario. I looked into AnimationWML but found out that it was for unit animations, and now I'm out of leads :cry: . I've also noticed that in every campaign that has these kinds of cutscenes they have an animation.lua file but I wasn't able to figure it out :cry: . Any help with the would be appreciated. A plain web search also yielded nothing useful, by the way.

Thanks.
I am a ranger and my WML knives will implant themselves in your back.

Creator of the abandoned campaign Royalties Forgotten and the work in progress campaign Purger of Evil.
Maintainer of Fate of a Princess.
beetlenaut
Developer

Re: Creating full-screen cutscenes

Post by beetlenaut »

I looked at animation.lua. Apparently, it adds a wml tag, [animate_path], that smoothly slides an image around the screen wherever and however you want. The top of the file has some comments that list the keys used by the tag. There is no mainline WML for anything like that, but you could copy animation.lua from one of those add-ons and use it in your campaign. (It would be good manners to ask Alarantalara first, but it isn't technically required.)
Campaigns: Dead Water,
The Founding of Borstep,
Secrets of the Ancients,
and WML Guide
ResExsention

Re: Creating full-screen cutscenes

Post by ResExsention »

Oh. Okay. Thanks. However, though. I realized that I didn't need animation.lua. I looked into Genesis and found a rather useful lua script that displayed only text. I didn't really need images, anyway. I believe it was written by nemaara?
I am a ranger and my WML knives will implant themselves in your back.

Creator of the abandoned campaign Royalties Forgotten and the work in progress campaign Purger of Evil.
Maintainer of Fate of a Princess.