[solved] Campaign images not showing

The place to post your WML questions and answers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
  • Please use [code] BBCode tags in your posts for embedding WML snippets.
  • To keep your code readable so that others can easily help you, make sure to indent it following our conventions.
Dati_Ha-atel

[solved] Campaign images not showing

Post by Dati_Ha-atel »

Hey guys,

after years and years of playing the game on and off I finally wanted to create my own campaign, just because this always was a small goal of mine.
So far everything is working out pretty well, I was able to figure out my problems except the one where no images from the campaign-folder show up.

The path should be defined by this in the _main.

Code: Select all

#ifdef CAMPAIGN_MAGICAL_SERVANTS

[binary_path]

path="data/add-ons/Magical_Servants"

[/binary_path]

{~add-ons/Magical_Servants/scenarios}

{~add-ons/Magical_Servants/images}

#endif
I controlled the spelling of all folders a thousand times and I cannot find a mistake. None of the other paths have any problems. Maps, scenarios and units are found without trouble. I use 1.14.3 on Windows.

At this point my limited knowledge is at an end and I would appreciate your help.
Last edited by Dati_Ha-atel on July 24th, 2018, 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Re: Campaign images not showing

Post by Ravana »

Unless you have cfg files in {~add-ons/Magical_Servants/images}, that line is useless. Other than that not enough info here.
Dati_Ha-atel

Post by Dati_Ha-atel »

Do I not have to set a binary path for images? Wouldn't Wesnoth otherwise search the main game images for the campaign images etc?

What other information would you require?
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

[binary_path] sets binary path. {~add-ons/Magical_Servants/scenarios} includes cfg files found in that folder.

Maybe some image path that doesnt show.
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

The code you posted is just fine (except for what Ravana already pointed out). It's the location of your images and/or how you're writing their paths in your scenario/unit files that has to be wrong.
Dati_Ha-atel

Re: [solved] Campaign images not showing

Post by Dati_Ha-atel »

I solved the problem with your help. I thought I had to define a general path for images and then write a "short path" into the units. I have corrected this now and it's all working. ^_^