Change to .pbl file?

The place to post your WML questions and answers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
  • Please use [code] BBCode tags in your posts for embedding WML snippets.
  • To keep your code readable so that others can easily help you, make sure to indent it following our conventions.
revansurik

Change to .pbl file?

Post by revansurik »

Hello people, been a while :lol:

So, I was going to upload one of my campaigns to the 1.14 server, but it won't accept because the path to the icon image is invalid. I haven't changed anything about icon image in the .pbl file, and in previous versions there was no such problem. I tried cropping part of the path, checked the Wesnoth wiki, but couldn't solve that. Has there been changes to how icon image must be written in the code?

This is how the code line is written, btw:

icon="data/core/images/units/monsters/fire-dragon.png~TC(1,magenta)"
Author of the Dragon Trilogy.

If you enjoyed A Song of Fire, War of the Jewel, Aria of the Dragon-Slayer and Soldier of Wesnoth, you may like my new project: Star of Chaos, a science-fiction mystery/adventure intended to be a trilogy
;-)
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Re: Change to .pbl file?

Post by Ravana »

Try without data/core/images/.
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

Ravana wrote: May 22nd, 2018, 1:11 am Try without data/core/images/.
That's what I'd done before, and still the error message pops up :?

If you enjoyed A Song of Fire, War of the Jewel, Aria of the Dragon-Slayer and Soldier of Wesnoth, you may like my new project: Star of Chaos, a science-fiction mystery/adventure intended to be a trilogy
;-)
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

What is the exact error message?

(Also, for the record, the Fire Dragon baseframe doesn’t have any team colour bits, so recolouring it with the magenta palette as source is pointless and doesn’t have any visible effects.)
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
enclave

Post by enclave »

shadowm wrote: May 22nd, 2018, 1:36 am What is the exact error message?

(Also, for the record, the Fire Dragon baseframe doesn’t have any team colour bits, so recolouring it with the magenta palette as source is pointless and doesn’t have any visible effects.)
I bet it's just some color incompatibility of 1.14... try "red" instead of "1" if you need to use TC, who knows, maybe it would work lol, but like shadowm said.. no point to do it :D
Try remove the TC first.. at all.. if it still doesnt work I also would like to see the error message... in 1.12 I could get funny error messages about server, when the real bug was just double quotes somewhere where they shouldnt be...
I tried to copy paste your "data/core/images/units/monsters/fire-dragon.png~TC(1,magenta)" both with "data/core/images" and without into my image create addon... it works perfectly fine on 1.14
I could for fun try to upload my addon with your icon to see if it works too... but I just better wait for your reply first :)
check if your add-on text has no quotes bug too like this: "Too many double quotes"double quotes"
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

shadowm wrote: May 22nd, 2018, 1:36 am What is the exact error message?

I did remove the colouring bit and still the error happened...
Anyway, this is what happens:
Spoiler:
And when I click 'ok', this appears:
Spoiler:
Not sure if it's relevant though, but my add-ons are 'outside' the main game folder (in MyGames to be more specific; I didn't set it this way, the game automatically did that as I installed it).

;-)
enclave

Post by enclave »

revansurik wrote: May 22nd, 2018, 10:14 pm Not sure if it's relevant though, but my add-ons are 'outside' the main game folder (in MyGames to be more specific; I didn't set it this way, the game automatically did that as I installed it).
Yeah mine is there too (C:\Users\Admin\Documents\My Games\Wesnoth1.14\data\add-ons) on windows 7 and uploading add-ons was working fine.
Maybe copy paste your .pbl file here? (just remove password bit)
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

enclave wrote: May 23rd, 2018, 12:00 am Yeah mine is there too (C:\Users\Admin\Documents\My Games\Wesnoth1.14\data\add-ons) on windows 7 and uploading add-ons was working fine.
Maybe copy paste your .pbl file here? (just remove password bit)
This is the full .pbl file:

Code: Select all

author="revansurik"
email="marcelotrouillet@yahoo.com.br"
icon="units/monsters/fire-dragon.png~TC(1,magenta)"
dependencies=War_of_Legends,ASoF_Music
title="A Song of Fire"
translate="false"
type="campaign"
version="1.0.0"
description="In a long-forgotten era, at the heart of the Great Continent, an ancestral evil is awakened, threatening to destroy the whole world. Follow young Myra in the war that will alter the future of Irdya and its peoples forever. (Part I of the Dragon Trilogy; SP Campaign, 36 scenarios, including 5 dialog-only; requires War of Legends; installation of the ASoF Music add-on is not obligatory, but recommended.)"

;-)
enclave

Post by enclave »

revansurik wrote: May 23rd, 2018, 2:49 pm This is the full .pbl file:
I'm not sure if it matters but I noticed that your dependencies=War_of_Legends,ASoF_Music are without quotes. Try to add quotes like dependencies="War_of_Legends,ASoF_Music"
If it didn't help then maybe somebody else has ideas of what's wrong.. Just let me know please if it helped or not;)
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

enclave wrote: May 23rd, 2018, 3:48 pm I'm not sure if it matters but I noticed that your dependencies=War_of_Legends,ASoF_Music are without quotes. Try to add quotes like dependencies="War_of_Legends,ASoF_Music"
If it didn't help then maybe somebody else has ideas of what's wrong.. Just let me know please if it helped or not;)
Tried that, still doesn't work.

And what's more, I've even tried erasing the icon line altogether, and I get the same error as before. :?

;-)
enclave

Post by enclave »

revansurik wrote: May 23rd, 2018, 7:52 pm Tried that, still doesn't work.
Ok how about dependencies "ASoF_Music" add-on... could you try to remove it? I can't find it on server, so maybe it rejects add-on with non-existant dependency?
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Do each of those add-ons you have listed on the Add-ons Manager as publishable have an _info.cfg file in them? If so, could you post them?

(For those wondering, no, your own publishable add-ons do not need to have an _info.cfg and they normally shouldn’t have one since it is supposed to rendered superfluous by the pbl data. There is some info that normally is read from the _info.cfg if the pbl is absent (the average case for players) and I’m wondering if there may be a bug in 1.14.x resulting from various internal changes that I missed in my absence. The big warning sign I’m seeing here is that your add-ons are all listed with empty/default-constructed metadata when they shouldn’t be since you are in possession of the pbl files.)
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

enclave wrote: May 23rd, 2018, 8:26 pm Ok how about dependencies "ASoF_Music" add-on... could you try to remove it? I can't find it on server, so maybe it rejects add-on with non-existant dependency?
I actually tried uploading the ASoF_Music to the server first, but it has the same error as ASoF. In fact, every other campaign I have, when trying to upload, triggers the same error message :?
shadowm wrote: May 23rd, 2018, 8:30 pm Do each of those add-ons you have listed on the Add-ons Manager as publishable have an _info.cfg file in them? If so, could you post them?

The info file is:

#
# File automatically generated by Wesnoth to keep track
# of version information on installed add-ons. DO NOT EDIT!
#
[info]
	type="campaign"
	uploads=17
	version="0.3.5"
[/info]
BTW, the version I'm trying to upload is 1.0.0. "0.3.5" is the previous version.

EDIT: Forgot to add the info file of ASoF_Music:

[info]
	dependencies=""
	title="ASoF Music"
	type="media"
	uploads=2
	version="0.2.6"
[/info]

;-)
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

Hello everyone! Anyone here still remembers me? :lol:
Firstly, I'm really sorry for ressurrecting this topic (although it seems fitting since I've just ressurrected myself into this forum :P), but it was either that or start the same thread all over again.
Today I tried uploading my campaigns to the 1.14.9 server, and got the exact same error as before. That was when I checked the forums and found this thread, btw; I tried what had been suggested before, and yet the problem persists.

I posted it before, but I'll leave the full .pbl text (minus the password) here. Anyone pleae help? I've spent the last 3 weeks playtesting and re-working my 3 campaigns and was really looking forward to releasing them of the new server, but I can't seem to get around this problem :(

edit: Not sure if it's relevant but I've even changed computers, yet the error persists :annoyed: )

author="revansurik"
email="marcelotrouillet@yahoo.com.br"
icon="units/monsters/fire-dragon.png~TC(1,magenta)"
dependencies=War_of_Legends,ASoF_Music
title="A Song of Fire"
translate="false"
type="campaign"
version="1.0.1"
description="In a long-forgotten era, at the heart of the Great Continent, an ancestral evil is awakened, threatening to destroy the whole world. Follow young Myra in the war that will alter the future of Irdya and its peoples forever. (Part I of the Dragon Trilogy; SP Campaign, 36 scenarios, including 5 dialog-only; requires War of Legends; installation of the ASoF Music add-on is not obligatory, but recommended.)"

;-)
beetlenaut
Developer

Post by beetlenaut »

If your screen looks the same as you showed in your screenshots before, it looks like your .pbl file isn't being read at all. The version, author, size, and type columns are all empty or default values. (I guess the name must come from the folder name, not the .pbl.)

Is your _server.pbl file in the same folder as your _main.cfg file? Did you misspell it or forget the underscore?
Campaigns: Dead Water,
The Founding of Borstep,
Secrets of the Ancients,
and WML Guide