Need some help updating my campaign

The place to post your WML questions and answers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
  • Please use [code] BBCode tags in your posts for embedding WML snippets.
  • To keep your code readable so that others can easily help you, make sure to indent it following our conventions.
cephalo

Need some help updating my campaign

Post by cephalo »

I'm trying to update my old campaign, 'The Library of Kratemaqht' and I''m running into some trouble. I have some hero units that you can select on a map, but you can't see them or move them. It might have something to do with the recall list carryover, as the campaign switches perspective before this scenario comes up.

It's been ages since I worked with WML, and I don't have the chops to guess whether it's a problem with my scenario or a new bug in wesnoth. I have run wmllint on the campaign, which fixed various problems but not this one.

Can I upload a non working campaign unto the UMC server for the purposes of getting help with it? It's a huge campaign because of the dragon animations, and maybe it's not something I should upload to the forums.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Re: Need some help updating my campaign

Post by Pentarctagon »

As long as your campaign isn't completely broken(aka it can't even load the first scenario, or something of that nature), then uploading is fine.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
cephalo

Post by cephalo »

Ok, I uploaded the campaign and I have included a saved game here in this post. This will take you right to the problem scenario without having to play through.
LoK-Loyalty's Cruel Reward.gz
(14.1 KiB) Downloaded 181 times
You'll notice at the beginning that two of my heroes are talking, but can't be interacted with or seen. There is some complicated history here, one hero hadn't been seen for several scenarios, and the other one hadn't been seen for two. Recall list seems ok as far as what units are available for recall, but I can't remember how I managed to save characters over scenarios like that.

Here are a couple of macros for storing, unstoring units let me know if there is a problem with these

Code: Select all

#define ENTER_STAGE VAR_NAME X Y
{VARIABLE_OP ({VAR_NAME}.moves) value (${VAR_NAME}.max_moves)}
{VARIABLE_OP ({VAR_NAME}.hitpoints) value (${VAR_NAME}.max_hitpoints)}
[unstore_unit]
	variable={VAR_NAME}
	find_vacant=yes
	x={X}
	y={Y}
[/unstore_unit]
#enddef

#define EXIT_STAGE ID VAR_NAME
[store_unit]
	[filter]
		id={ID}
	[/filter]
	kill=yes
	variable={VAR_NAME}
[/store_unit]
#enddef

cephalo

Post by cephalo »

Is there a way to see any internal failure messages that might appear in wesnoth? Like an error log or something?
enclave

Post by enclave »

as far as I know you could start with running wesnoth with console (go to start - > all programms -> battle for wesnoth -> battle for wesnoth (with console)
It will help a little bit... but dont expect miracles...

The only thing i would try with your store/unstore is to remove brackets... () round your {VAR..}

After that try to change {VARIABLE_OP {VAR_NAME}.moves value ${VAR_NAME}.max_moves}
into {VARIABLE {VAR_NAME}.moves ${VAR_NAME}.max_moves}
cephalo

Post by cephalo »

Those commands bump the moves and hitpoints to max, for automatic healing and so forth between scenarios, and they seem to be working. The inspector reports these units as normal as far as I can tell, you just can't interact with them. I'm thinking this is a bug within wesnoth. Is there a proper channel for reporting bugs?
enclave

Post by enclave »

cephalo wrote: May 15th, 2018, 12:31 am Those commands bump the moves and hitpoints to max, for automatic healing and so forth between scenarios, and they seem to be working. The inspector reports these units as normal as far as I can tell, you just can't interact with them. I'm thinking this is a bug within wesnoth. Is there a proper channel for reporting bugs?
not sure what you mean ;) but they said this is their recommended bug tracker: https://github.com/wesnoth/wesnoth/issues/