[SOLVED] Trouble editing new scenario

The place to post your WML questions and answers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
  • Please use [code] BBCode tags in your posts for embedding WML snippets.
  • To keep your code readable so that others can easily help you, make sure to indent it following our conventions.
thunderkind

[SOLVED] Trouble editing new scenario

Post by thunderkind »

Hi! First time poster, hope this is in the right spot.
I'm having trouble getting my edits to a new scenario I made to update in game for playtesting. I followed the add-on structure from the wiki to create a new campaign, found it in-game and it all worked fine until I decided to make some changes in the scenario and the changes won't be made when I restart the campaign. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.
Attachments
Hamlet.map
(8.52 KiB) Downloaded 176 times
Mountain_Hamlet.cfg
(1.45 KiB) Downloaded 174 times
_main.cfg
(501 Bytes) Downloaded 146 times
Last edited by thunderkind on April 10th, 2018, 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beetlenaut
Developer

Re: Trouble editing new scenario

Post by beetlenaut »

It won't show your changes if you only restart the campaign. You need to press F5 on the menu screen to reload all the add-ons first. It also works to quit and restart BfW.
Campaigns: Dead Water,
The Founding of Borstep,
Secrets of the Ancients,
and WML Guide
thunderkind

Re: Trouble editing new scenario

Post by thunderkind »

Thanks for the F5 tip, but oddly enough neither of those methods work (I had tried restarting BfW, even rebooted my laptop). Map is still unchanged in game, though it loads fine in editor with new edits. AI still recruits from old recruit list (orc grunts and troll whelps, not in my new scenario file)
thunderkind

Re: [SOLVED] Trouble editing new scenario

Post by thunderkind »

Had another look at it and found it was a pathing problem. I had a duplicate campaign folder where I was making my edits :P