Debug Mode Curiosities

The place to post your WML questions and answers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
  • Please use [code] BBCode tags in your posts for embedding WML snippets.
  • To keep your code readable so that others can easily help you, make sure to indent it following our conventions.
Voidwarrior

Debug Mode Curiosities

Post by Voidwarrior »

alright, I am sure this might've been asked a few times but after searching around the forums. I could not find much... or at least, specific to my sort of curiosities.

simply put, I was playing a campaign and debugging it because I got bored and thought why the hell not. I decided to play around with =unit extra_recruit etc. which worked fine. minus typo incidents... anddd I am wondering how, if you can, use some of the commands/WML's that you can find in the various area's of the WML wiki. such as the directWML's and recruiting units etc. because it's more fun rather then constantly creating units every time, as well as the AI can make it a bit more unpredictable.

I've used lua commands and changed the terrain, added villages etc. all fun and games, but yeah... I want to sort of advance that to the next step ( I hope.), and make more enemies for a bit more amusement that come along with their own recruitments. but that's problematic when one side has a case of a generic recruitment list and I simply cannot figure out how to do a workaround due to not being very good at the stuff. I added an elven lord, used the extra recruit to give him elves then thought "how the hell do I remove the human list?!" after looking around and... well... not understanding the wiki would be one way to put it.

thennn there's giving units traits. I don't know if it shows them, or if it simply adds them into the background and I am none the wiser, here. I tried, for instance. adding a loyal trait, because I wanted to possibly add some, maybe to an enemy as extra camp guards or something. but then I was staring at the modification area for the traits and wondering if there's even a way to debug that, or if it's better to find other ways etc. and just backup the original campaign files.

soo yeah. any help would be appreciated. sorry for any typo's and sorry if this is in the wrong section! found debug related questions in both general and WML workshop area's. no idea which area it went into more.
Last edited by Voidwarrior on February 27th, 2018, 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Re: Debug Mode Curiosities

Post by Ravana »

Almost all of actionWML can be used from Lua with wesnoth.wml_actions.tag_name{}.
Voidwarrior

Re: Debug Mode Curiosities

Post by Voidwarrior »

Ravana wrote: February 27th, 2018, 7:56 pm Almost all of actionWML can be used from Lua with wesnoth.wml_actions.tag_name{}.
is the Lua command the go to area for this, then? I presume other things may be possible but more complicated? out of curioisty, since I like to know alternatives if there are some.