Label on story

The place to post your WML questions and answers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
  • Please use [code] BBCode tags in your posts for embedding WML snippets.
  • To keep your code readable so that others can easily help you, make sure to indent it following our conventions.
SFault

Label on story

Post by SFault »

I'm having semi-dynamic big map and I was wondering if there is a way to put text on the bigmap somehow. I would like to name places just like you can name places with [label] in scenario maps. I could make images of the text and use the [image] but that is more troublesome than I'm looking for. At least the API doc doesn't mention [label] or similar in the [story] tag.

edit: also is there a way to highlight image in story?
segmentation fault
EBfW, GtR, Art, Old art
Araja

Re: Label on story

Post by Araja »

As far as I know, you'll have to do it the hard way. The bigmap utils for campaigns like Liberty or Heir to the Throne apply images to X/Y co-ordinates on a background overlay, so I suspect that's just how the engine works.

Making a few transparent text images and then placing them over the map shouldn't be too troublesome though, and it looks like a small definition.
Celtic_Minstrel
Developer

Post by Celtic_Minstrel »

This sounds like a great idea which probably wouldn't be too hard to implement.
Author of The Black Cross of Aleron campaign and Default++ era.
Former maintainer of Steelhive.
SFault

Post by SFault »

I did it the hard way. I made 6 images with titles but my plan is to have random generated place names. Even if there is a ready pool of names to pick one randomly, I should have at least 50 place names. Doing 50 images is starting to get into labor so if devs can add label into story I would be super happy. :D
segmentation fault
EBfW, GtR, Art, Old art