[solved] SPECIAL_NOTES error

The place to post your WML questions and answers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
  • Please use [code] BBCode tags in your posts for embedding WML snippets.
  • To keep your code readable so that others can easily help you, make sure to indent it following our conventions.
Halbling

[solved] SPECIAL_NOTES error

Post by Halbling »

Hi again!
I got an unit with an new ability. Everything is working fine, but when I put the SPECIAL_NOTES for this ability in the description, an error occures. It says somthing like: "unexpectet sign on the beginning of a line" and tells me to look at the line of the description of this unit.
If I delet that SPECIAL_NOTES or change it to another, it's fine working. All my other new SPECIAL_NOTES are fine working, too, only this one causes trouble.
Maybe, anyone can help me?

Here's the description-line, it's the {SPECIAL_NOTES_UNHEALS}:

Code: Select all

description= _ "Toeterinnen wurden von einer dunklen Macht verfuehrt. Die Macht, Tote zu erwecken, ist ihnen nicht gegeben, doch setzen sie ihr Wissen daran, den Lebenden zu schaden. Sie lieben es, mit ihren schnellen Besen durch dunkle Hoehlen zu fliegen und ploetzlich aus Waenden aufzutauchen."+{SPECIAL_NOTES}+{SPECIAL_NOTES_MAGICAL}+{SPECIAL_NOTES_UNPOISON}+{SPECIAL_NOTES_UNHEALS}+{SPECIAL_NOTES_DURCHLASS}
And here's the SPECIAL_NOTES:

Code: Select all

#define SPECIAL_NOTES_UNHEALS
 _ " Diese Einheit fuegt benachbarten Gegnern Schadenspunkte zu."
#enddef
Please don't care about the language, it will be translated one day! But if someone wants to help me translat it, I would be glad ;)
Last edited by Halbling on July 5th, 2017, 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Re: SPECIAL_NOTES error

Post by zookeeper »

Halbling wrote:All my other new SPECIAL_NOTES are fine working, too, only this one causes trouble.
Then it stands to reason that the problem is caused by whatever the difference between this one and all those others is. Probably that extra space between the underscore and the quote.
Sapient
Inactive Developer

Post by Sapient »

put the #enddef at the end of the line instead of putting it on a separate line.
that is why you are getting an extra linebreak.
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/User:Sapient... "Looks like your skills saved us again. Uh, well at least, they saved Soarin's apple pie."
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

Oh right, that too.
Halbling

Post by Halbling »

The #enddef at the end of the line did work!
But I don't understand it, all the others of my SPECIAL_NOTES have it in an extra line, too.
But it's working, so I don't car ;)
Thanks a lot, guys!
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Re: [solved] SPECIAL_NOTES error

Post by Ravana »

It works when you end line after calling those others.