Another funny question! - custom alignment

The place to post your WML questions and answers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
  • Please use [code] BBCode tags in your posts for embedding WML snippets.
  • To keep your code readable so that others can easily help you, make sure to indent it following our conventions.
ChaosRider

Another funny question! - custom alignment

Post by ChaosRider »

Question is for wesnoth 1.12.6.

Right now we have 4 mainline alignments (lawful, neutral, chaotic, liminal), and I'm trying to create my own type but...
Game set unit aligment to neutral after my changing it. I can later do event which give to all weapons on unit (before battle start) weapon special without name (so it can stay invisible for players) that will change dmg value depends of day time (and during changing unit i can set inside it variable to know which should have changed dmg before battle). Only problem is unit still has neutral on own alignment and it's visable for players, how to get rid of it? When you open game and start any scenario on right side of screen you have unit properties and there is alignment name that I want change to any other. Any idea? I can give it trait as a desciption that this unit has other alignment, but still there'll be neutral!
Creator of WOTG (+2880 units), MWC (+615 units), SurvivorsArea, RandomColosseum, RC WOTG, RC MWC, ColosseumRandomClonesBattle, BetweenDarknessAndLight, StealingWeapons, MoreUnitsForms, MoreDamageTypes, CanBeOnlyOne, ColosseumOneWinner, BonusSpam, CriticalStrike - available at 1.12 Wesnoth server.
tamanegi

Re: Another funny question! - custom alignment

Post by tamanegi »

If you only care about alignment in right pane, that can be modified (or cheated) by lua, see https://wiki.wesnoth.org/LuaWML/Display ... heme_items. wesnoth.theme_items.unit_alignment may yield something like neutral(+0%) in default setting. You can change alignment of specific unit(s) because conditional flags are available in it. If you wanna change attack damages accordingly, it might be tedious.

# This never be a smart way, though. :oops:
Discord: @tamanegi
It is true that we cannot be free from bugs, but at least let our bugs not always the same...
A Group in a War: my first campaign, An Independence War: and the sequel