creating a MP campaign [currently solved]

The place to post your WML questions and answers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
  • Please use [code] BBCode tags in your posts for embedding WML snippets.
  • To keep your code readable so that others can easily help you, make sure to indent it following our conventions.
The_Gnat

creating a MP campaign [currently solved]

Post by The_Gnat »

This should be a simple question ;)

Basically i am wondering how to allow the user to choose their leaders in a MP campaign.

Code: Select all

[campaign]
    id=MP_Dragon_Lair
    define=MP_CAMPAIGN_TDL
    type=mp
    min_players=1
    max_players=3
    allow_era_choice=yes
    first_scenario="01_dragon_lair"

abbrev= _ "TDL"
    name= _ "The Dragons Lair"

... image and difficulty stuff
[/campaign]
As you can see i have set the allow_era_choice to yes. However in the MP menu it gives no options for the player to choose their leader.

Thank you! :D
Last edited by The_Gnat on April 23rd, 2017, 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Re: creating a MP campaign

Post by Ravana »

Does mp campaign even use [campaign]?
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Well from the other MP campaigns i looked at they use [campaign] with the type=mp and that seems to be working, a campaign appears in the mp campaign menu. However in the menu that the player chooses their leader it doesn't give any options. :doh:
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

Ravana wrote:Does mp campaign even use [campaign]?
yes it does, but ofc you can also just create a [multiplayer] with next_scenario= someother scenario, [campaign] has some differeces though
:
1) it allows guarding your stuff in a #define which imorved gameconfig lading time in case the campagn is not currently used
2) It usually tries to behave 'like sp' meaning it will by default disable mp things like 'show turnover advantage', 'choose leaders', change fog/shoud/turns et settings.

@ The_Gnat: are you working on 1.12 or 1.13 ?
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

I am working on 1.13. And the only reason i am using [campaign] instead of a normal multiplayer scenario is because i want to have difficulty options. (EASY,MEDIUM,HARD)

So if there is a way to get difficulty options in a scenario then that would work also. (but after looking that appeared not to be possible)

EDIT: I am currently experimenting with the locks for the [side] code maybe one of those will solve the problem.
The_Gnat

Re: creating a MP campaign [currently solved]

Post by The_Gnat »

So it was an easy question after all ^_^ I put :

Code: Select all

faction_lock=no
team_lock=no #EDIT actually this one isn't needed it just allows the players to choose to be on the same team
leader_lock=no

inside the [side] tag in my first scenario and that solved the problem. :D
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

just from the name i'dthink that allow_era_choice =yes enables the era selection list in the mp create dialog, selecting a leader is a diffeent issue. so: does selectign an era with allow_era_choice =yes work for you?

EDIT: About your new code: are you sure you want team_lock=no it mostlile will allow user to change the teams of in your scenario.
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
The_Gnat

Re: creating a MP campaign [currently solved]

Post by The_Gnat »

Unfortunately ;) allow_era_choice =yes did not work alone. I had to put faction_lock=no and leader_lock=no. I wonder why?

And you are correct i will keep team_lock. As you can see i put an edit into that last post to clarify that team_lock=no was not related to my problem.