How to set a leader's position?

The place to post your WML questions and answers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
  • Please use [code] BBCode tags in your posts for embedding WML snippets.
  • To keep your code readable so that others can easily help you, make sure to indent it following our conventions.
Sirfurnace

How to set a leader's position?

Post by Sirfurnace »

I'm working on a campaign on my own right now. I copied some code for the hero character, but I can't seem to find where it defines their location on the map. How do I do this?
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Re: How to set a leader's position?

Post by Ravana »

Should be [side] x,y=2,3 [/side]
Bitron
Developer

Post by Bitron »

Either this, or the position of the leader is defined in the map itself. When creating a new map, you can set the side's position right in the editor, so in case that there's no position defined in WML it will take the predefined position from the editor.
Sirfurnace

Post by Sirfurnace »

Thank you very much!
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

setting it in the mpa is usually the preffered way, it just make it easirer, specially when you want to change the map later. otherwie you have to keep those files in sync, i have already seen cases (in mainline) where people updated the map but forgot to update the leader position in the cfg file so the leader appeared somehwere next to the keep.
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.