[PAID OPPORTUNITY] Looking for someone to create custom fact

The place to post your WML questions and answers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
  • Please use [code] BBCode tags in your posts for embedding WML snippets.
  • To keep your code readable so that others can easily help you, make sure to indent it following our conventions.
ffarr

[PAID OPPORTUNITY] Looking for someone to create custom fact

Post by ffarr »

This is a paid job.

I am looking for someone to develop for me 2 custom factions with which I could play in local games. The factions should be fully integrated in Ageless (meaning: I want to be able to use them versus the Ageless current factions).
The factions are going to be of at least 8 units with 3 levels each. 2 of them will have 4 evolutions. So it's a total of 50 units.

I will give to the chosen developer:
- all the stats
- name of the attacks
- abilities
- artworks (either home-made or existing ones)

The developer should write me the instructions to make things work once the factions are finished, or (better) provide a full working package.

Please contact me in private or here. I am willing to receive proposals about how much this would cost and how long it would take.

Cheers
Dugi

Re: [PAID OPPORTUNITY] Looking for someone to create custom

Post by Dugi »

An important thing you haven't mentioned is if you want just code (art copied or created by you), just graphics (coding can be learned by improvisation and such) or both. I'd take it if I was just to create the code (I somewhat suck at art).
ffarr

Post by ffarr »

I JUST want the coding. Please pm me with your proposal mate
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

Its a bit late to include entire new factions in next ageless release(less than a week). However coding is what I can do best, so the question is whether you would want it eventually being part of ageless addon?
ChaosRider

Post by ChaosRider »

No one asked you for what you even need it? In wesnoth you have enought many diffrent eras. Also if you need only coding then i geuss you should have already these new units images. You should send developer all these images before he start code anything. Also why not to upload this era on wesnoth server when it will be finished?
Creator of WOTG (+2880 units), MWC (+615 units), SurvivorsArea, RandomColosseum, RC WOTG, RC MWC, ColosseumRandomClonesBattle, BetweenDarknessAndLight, StealingWeapons, MoreUnitsForms, MoreDamageTypes, CanBeOnlyOne, ColosseumOneWinner, BonusSpam, CriticalStrike - available at 1.12 Wesnoth server.
Xudo

Post by Xudo »

I'll see how succesful this model. Please pm me when this job will be done.

Ffarr, where did you get all art for 50 new units? I beleive this is largest part of work.
ffarr

Post by ffarr »

Thank you all for your answers.
I am going to explain why I posted this thread in the first place: I want those two new factions just FOR FUN. I want to play them for fun with my friends. The factions are not going to be balanced (not in a professional way at least) and I do not want to include them on main server.
About the artwork: we're going to use existing artwork because we do not care so much. For some units we might use some new artwork but I'm not even sure of that.

I would have done it myself but I don't have the time to learn the creation process nor to do all the coding. That is why I posted it here.

All this said, I do hope I didn't mislead you and I hope I posted my thread in the right place.

If anyone is interested please PM me.

Cheers
ChaosRider

Post by ChaosRider »

The main thrust of my previous posts about all these images for new units is the fact that the appearance of the unit may define a unit, this unit stats as weapon which is using, how much hp have it have, terrain defense, etc. Also in your place I would not give up so quickly, because creating unit code isnt so difficult, creating unit art (not only base image, but whole animation with portrait) is much more difficult.
Creator of WOTG (+2880 units), MWC (+615 units), SurvivorsArea, RandomColosseum, RC WOTG, RC MWC, ColosseumRandomClonesBattle, BetweenDarknessAndLight, StealingWeapons, MoreUnitsForms, MoreDamageTypes, CanBeOnlyOne, ColosseumOneWinner, BonusSpam, CriticalStrike - available at 1.12 Wesnoth server.