dabber's questions: vision to location

The place to post your WML questions and answers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
  • Please use [code] BBCode tags in your posts for embedding WML snippets.
  • To keep your code readable so that others can easily help you, make sure to indent it following our conventions.
dabber

Re: dabber's questions: leader go off to fight

Post by dabber »

I guess I didn't miss anything then. I have to create a die event, check all the enemy sides, then trip endlevel. I was thinking I was missing a shortcut. (not that doing this is difficult)

Thanks
dabber

Post by dabber »

Not sure how WML could have done this, but I've been messing around with storing/loading/manipulating the recall list a lot, so ....

In my recall list, I have a White Mage with quick resilient with 52 hitpoints. I have another White Mage with resilient quick with 51 hitpoints. Order of traits is not supposed to matter, so maybe this should be a real bug report (edit - previous is wrong!). But ... the second Mage is also in the recall list injured (only 19/51 hitpoints) and I don't know why that happened.

Any suggestions?
Last edited by dabber on September 5th, 2014, 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

dabber wrote:In my recall list, I have a White Mage with quick resilient with 52 hitpoints. I have another White Mage with resilient quick with 51 hitpoints. Order of traits is not supposed to matter, so maybe this should be a real bug report.
This is intended: http://forum.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?t=21754&p=303183

But not sure your second issue...

P.S. we can always edit the topic titles.
Fate of a Princess/feedback thread: "What is in own heart that is the most important, not who you are."
Drake Campaign: Brave Wings/feedback thread, Naga Campaign: Return of the Monster, Saurian Campaign: Across the Ocean
Northern Forces - now on 1.12 server
beetlenaut
Developer

Post by beetlenaut »

dabber wrote:he second Mage is also in the recall list injured (only 19/51 hitpoints) and I don't know why that happened.
Units are only healed when the scenario ends, during the [endlevel] event. A unit stored before that point won't be healed, even if it is put on the recall list later. The FULL_HEAL macro does the same thing as the end of scenario healing.
Campaigns: Dead Water,
The Founding of Borstep,
Secrets of the Ancients,
and WML Guide
dabber

Post by dabber »

SkyOne wrote:
dabber wrote:In my recall list, I have a White Mage with quick resilient with 52 hitpoints. I have another White Mage with resilient quick with 51 hitpoints. Order of traits is not supposed to matter, so maybe this should be a real bug report.
This is intended:
Well I sure missed that! Thought I'd played this enough to have noticed, but obviously not. My bad.
dabber

Re: dabber's questions: [+unit]

Post by dabber »

I'm having a basic brain failure today, and I cannot make this work. I want to modify all new recruit units, using a recruit event. But when I put the code below in, I get what looks like an empty window pop up. Its about a 1 inch square on the screen, and when I click or press space, it goes away.

Code: Select all

[event]
    name=recruit
    first_time_only=no
    [filter]
        side=1
    [/filter]
    [object]
        [effect]
            apply_to=attack
            range=melee
            increase_damage=40%
        [/effect]
    [/object]
[/event]

Also, I have seen this in several places now, but I cannot find an explanation of it. What is [+unit] for?
Last edited by dabber on September 16th, 2014, 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Re: dabber's questions: modify recruited unit

Post by Ravana »

For +tag syntax best explanation I have seen is http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php ... 7&p=555660

I dont see anything wrong with the recruit event. Or did you mean that each new recruitment increases all units damage?
dabber

Post by dabber »

Thanks for the link.

I got my recruit event to work, except for popping up some sort of degenerate window. I get what looks like an empty window pop up. Its about a 1 inch square on the screen, and when I click or press space, it goes away. There is nothing in stderr.txt
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

That is just [object] message. Use silent=yes to avoid it.

On that point it might be worth suggesting default silent=yes if messages are not used. 2 Years ago I had same problem.
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

Ravana wrote:That is just [object] message. Use silent=yes to avoid it.

On that point it might be worth suggesting default silent=yes if messages are not used. 2 Years ago I had same problem.
i also wonder why we show that message by default, any reasons against making silent= defaulting to yes if all image=, name=, description= are all empty?
EDIT:
in 1.12
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

gfgtdf wrote:i also wonder why we show that message by default, any reasons against making silent= defaulting to yes if all image=, name=, description= are all empty?
EDIT:
in 1.12
Sounds safe to me, as I doubt anyone wants the empty default box to ever show up. Although you might want to add cannot_use_message= to the list.
dabber

Post by dabber »

Is making it go silent the best answer, or is putting out a dummy message better? "Possible missing WML, no message in non-silent object"
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

Such message would be better only if there was need for message there, but [object] is just to add changes that remain after unit advancement.

So that cant be missing when there is no need for this in the first place.
dabber

Re: dabber's questions: recruit list

Post by dabber »

In a campaign, I cannot seem to remove units from the recruit list between scenarios. If I say recruit = A,B,C in one scenario, then in the next scenario I say recruit = D,E,F, what I can actually recruit is A,B,C,D,E,F. Why? How do I fix it? This is an add-on campaign I'm playing, so I'm mainly after an explanation, not just a fix.
tekelili

Re: dabber's questions: recruit list

Post by tekelili »

I guess is probably because you are using [allow_recruit] instead [set_recruit]
Be aware English is not my first language and I could have explained bad myself using wrong or just invented words.
World Conquest II