I need some help "Unknown scenario '02_Bloomingevents'"

The place to post your WML questions and answers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
  • Please use [code] BBCode tags in your posts for embedding WML snippets.
  • To keep your code readable so that others can easily help you, make sure to indent it following our conventions.
tribes45

I need some help "Unknown scenario '02_Bloomingevents'"

Post by tribes45 »

I don't know why. It has both tags of [scenario] [/scenario]... It just won't find the scenario!
Attachments
02_Bloomingevents.CFG
(10.65 KiB) Downloaded 77 times
"In peace, sons bury their fathers. In war, fathers bury their sons." -Herodotus
"Two things are infinite, the universe and Human stupidity. Although, I'm not sure about the universe. -Albert Einstein
Dugi

Re: I need some help "Unknown scenario '02_Bloomingevents'"

Post by Dugi »

I would first verify if it can get to the file (but if scenario 1 loaded, it should be fine, but maybe you have linked only the file of the first scenario and not the entire folder).

It is also possible that the scenario is so much screwed that the game considers it unreadable and ignores it, but it does not seem to be so bad (and I don't think that it can even happen on 1.10).

It is also possible that there was another error log before that you did not mention. If the game shows an error during loading, the whole add-on will be ignored and it will show that the scenario cannot be found.

If it is not one of these problems, can you post the entire add-on? It will make it much easier for anyone to figure that problem out.
tribes45

Post by tribes45 »

dugi wrote:I would first verify if it can get to the file (but if scenario 1 loaded, it should be fine, but maybe you have linked only the file of the first scenario and not the entire folder).

It is also possible that the scenario is so much screwed that the game considers it unreadable and ignores it, but it does not seem to be so bad (and I don't think that it can even happen on 1.10).

It is also possible that there was another error log before that you did not mention. If the game shows an error during loading, the whole add-on will be ignored and it will show that the scenario cannot be found.

If it is not one of these problems, can you post the entire add-on? It will make it much easier for anyone to figure that problem out.
I don't see how it's screwed up. And no, no other error messages about this add-on.

And, everytime i try to attach it in a zip, it doesn't work. But, I'll try. Seems it will this time. :)

And it loads scenario 1 perfectly :0
Attachments
Considerate_Dead.rar
(16.45 KiB) Downloaded 68 times
"In peace, sons bury their fathers. In war, fathers bury their sons." -Herodotus
"Two things are infinite, the universe and Human stupidity. Although, I'm not sure about the universe. -Albert Einstein
mattsc
Inactive Developer

Post by mattsc »

Try renaming the file extension from .CFG to .cfg
tribes45

Post by tribes45 »

mattsc wrote:Try renaming the file extension from .CFG to .cfg

I did that, and now it's saying it has an invalid side number, I'll look into it. It didn't specify which is weird, and makes it kinda harder :/ Anyone know what that means? It would make my life a hell of a lot eaiser.
mattsc
Inactive Developer

Post by mattsc »

tribes45 wrote:I did that, and now it's saying it has an invalid side number, I'll look into it. It didn't specify which is weird, and makes it kinda harder :/ Anyone know what that means? It would make my life a hell of a lot eaiser.
Sides need to be listed in numerical order and increase by one from one [side] tag to the next. As in, your first [side] definition has to be Side 1, the next 2, 3, etc.
tribes45

Post by tribes45 »

mattsc wrote:
tribes45 wrote:I did that, and now it's saying it has an invalid side number, I'll look into it. It didn't specify which is weird, and makes it kinda harder :/ Anyone know what that means? It would make my life a hell of a lot eaiser.
Sides need to be listed in numerical order and increase by one from one [side] tag to the next. As in, your first [side] definition has to be Side 1, the next 2, 3, etc.
Gee, thanks! May I ask how to make a side with no leader?
Moderator Emeritus

Post by 8680 »

Put no_leader=yes in its [side] tag.
tribes45

Post by tribes45 »

Thanks! You guys rock, I thank you for the help :)