Problem with scenarios

The place to post your WML questions and answers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
  • Please use [code] BBCode tags in your posts for embedding WML snippets.
  • To keep your code readable so that others can easily help you, make sure to indent it following our conventions.
R3000

Problem with scenarios

Post by R3000 »

I'm working on a campaign right now but it doesn't load anymore for testing. It keeps showing me an error (Unkown scenario "scenario's name here") I checked the id in the scenario file and the (first_scenario=) in the main file but they are exactly the same and it still doesn't work. I'm a bit confused any help/advice is greatly appreciated
KingJohnVI

Re: Problem with scenarios

Post by KingJohnVI »

I would recommend looking at the very last thing you changed, and see if you left out or accidentally deleted an end tag such as [/unit] or [/ability], and also check that you have ended your quotation marks everywhere such as in the _main.cfg file. Little things like that will often stop it from starting altogether.

Also, just as a general note, I would highly recommend making small changes and starting it up or testing it out frequently. That way when you make a mistake you can more easily locate it.
Crendgrim
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Crendgrim »

Or, if you don't manage to locate the error yourself, please post a archive containing your campaign here in this thread. This way, we'll be able to see where the problem is; you gave us only one error message, so we may only guess wildly. And, guess what, we're then very likely to be wrong. :P

Crend
UMC Story Images — Story images for your campaign!
R3000

Post by R3000 »

Here are the two files that somehow aren't connecting (I think) I looked and still didn't see anything wrong with it but I just started doing this stuff not too long ago so I'm not sure about everything. I was using the Simple campaign in the add-ons as a base for mine.
Attachments
01_Rebellion.cfg
first scenario
(3.61 KiB) Downloaded 83 times
_main.cfg
main file
(1.53 KiB) Downloaded 87 times
Crendgrim
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Crendgrim »

In your _main.cfg, it says:

Code: Select all

first_scenario= _ "01_Rebellion"
If you put a _ sign before a string, it will be marked as translatable. This must not be done here.

Crend
UMC Story Images — Story images for your campaign!
Ceres
Forum Regular

Post by Ceres »

define=FROM_SLAVERY_TO_FREEDOM

#ifdef From_Slavery_To_Freedom
Definitions like this are case-sensitive.
R3000

Post by R3000 »

Awesome it's working now. Thanks for the help :D