Only one question so far...

The place to post your WML questions and answers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
  • Please use [code] BBCode tags in your posts for embedding WML snippets.
  • To keep your code readable so that others can easily help you, make sure to indent it following our conventions.
Great_Mage_Atari

Only one question so far...

Post by Great_Mage_Atari »

So I want to use a [move_unit_fake] tag, yet I have no idea where to begin from. I have to move a unit from one point to another at the beginning of the scenario. Now, I understand the fundamentals pretty well, yet I am not sure. Here is an example from The Rise of Wesnoth:

Code: Select all

[move_unit_fake]
            type=$lady_store.type
            side=1
            gender=female
            x=8,8,8,8,8,7,7,6,6
            y=30,29,28,27,26,26,25,24,23,22
        [/move_unit_fake]

{VARIABLE lady_store.x 6}
        {VARIABLE lady_store.y 22}
Now, given I want to use my own unit in place of the character here, how do I go about putting in a sprite (let's just say a bowman). What do I need to add and take out of the [move_unit_fake] tag for it to be able to move the bowman to where I want?
Also, how do I use this when placing a unit on the map at startup (like if I wanted to put a bowman on a castle hex by making him move there)? Do I use the same method, or a different one? I need both questions answered if anyone is willing.
DEATH_is_undead

Re: Only one question so far...

Post by DEATH_is_undead »

Great_Mage_Atari wrote: Now, given I want to use my own unit in place of the character here, how do I go about putting in a sprite (let's just say a bowman). What do I need to add and take out of the [move_unit_fake] tag for it to be able to move the bowman to where I want?
Also, how do I use this when placing a unit on the map at startup (like if I wanted to put a bowman on a castle hex by making him move there)? Do I use the same method, or a different one? I need both questions answered if anyone is willing.
Where it says type=, but Bowman (At least the exact ID of the unit, I didn't check.)
You need to put every x,y the unit crosses in the x= and y=, as well, in the order he moves in.
3P MP Scenario - Great Dwarves Escape
The best way to learn is to follow. In order to learn WML, you have to follow other's work, and check their codes.
Great_Mage_Atari

Re: Only one question so far...

Post by Great_Mage_Atari »

Hey thanks! Got it to work finally.