Kapou'e_II's WML stuff ups

The place to post your WML questions and answers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
  • Please use [code] BBCode tags in your posts for embedding WML snippets.
  • To keep your code readable so that others can easily help you, make sure to indent it following our conventions.
monochromatic

Re: Kapou'e_II's WML stuff ups

Post by monochromatic »

And as people said, what is the error message anyways?
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

Kapoue_II wrote:If I could, I would hack it down, but if I leave any one of those 3 tags in the scenario, it crashes.
Well, up until now I didn't even consider the possibility that you might be referring to a crash instead of a WML syntax error... In fact, I'm not convinced even now that that's what you really mean.

Just so that we're all using the same terminology: a WML syntax error is when you get one of those error messages when starting the game, starting your campaign or entering MP, which everyone who writes any WML encounters all the time. That just means that some WML somewhere is botched up, and the error message usually gives a pretty good idea where it's coming from. A crash, on the other hand, is when the game just quits unexpectedly with no Wesnoth-style errors messages. Crashes are always worth reporting since that should never happen (even though we know it will), but even when perfectly valid WML crashes, you can still state when and how.
Kapoue_II

Post by Kapoue_II »

zookeeper wrote:
Kapoue_II wrote:If I could, I would hack it down, but if I leave any one of those 3 tags in the scenario, it crashes.
Well, up until now I didn't even consider the possibility that you might be referring to a crash instead of a WML syntax error... In fact, I'm not convinced even now that that's what you really mean.

Just so that we're all using the same terminology: a WML syntax error is when you get one of those error messages when starting the game, starting your campaign or entering MP, which everyone who writes any WML encounters all the time. That just means that some WML somewhere is botched up, and the error message usually gives a pretty good idea where it's coming from. A crash, on the other hand, is when the game just quits unexpectedly with no Wesnoth-style errors messages. Crashes are always worth reporting since that should never happen (even though we know it will), but even when perfectly valid WML crashes, you can still state when and how.
Yes, I do mean syntax error. Sorry, I have never come across the distincion before.

The error message is "Missing image file at (........)". As the error is not that, (and I have checked it), the error message is useless.

EDIT: Okay, I give up. I'll just dump that scenario, and move on.

New problem. I need, essentially, a way of implementing a [store_reachable_locations] tag in 1.8. I'n fairly sure this can be done with lua....... but as I cannot comprehend lua, I wondered if there is another way to do it. Some excessively complicated macro perhaps?